Owner Bud Adams puts "grossly out coached and outplayed" Titans on notice.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

You're honestly saying the exact same thing. I've presented a rough translation for people like JCBRAVE, but yeah. You should be a politician.

Answer the question though. You're obviously Pro-Munchak. There is no neutral in this world. By saying your neutral makes you pro-munchak. How many more 51-20 beatings do you need before you think we need a leadership change?

If we were 3-6 and the games were being decided by one or two plays, I could understand. But these games aren't even close, we're not in the same league as these teams were playing.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Can't blame me for 'It sucks' 2 years later. I like to let things pan out before I label someone a scrub. After all that time, I can say with confidence you were completely right.

Munchak was dealt a bad hand? That's pretty relative. He came into a team that was 5-2 before its starting quarterback was injured for the season, and the Fisher/Young drama imploded the rest of the team. He was fortunate enough to inherit an offense with two of the better weapons in this league, a solid offensive line, and the 8th overall pick to go to whichever position he chose. I've seen coaches in far worse shape than Munchak create a better product than we have.

The Munchak experiement was a failure. Plain and simple. He's failed so many times. He failed to beat terrible teams in his first year which costed us the playoffs, he failed to recruit Peyton Manning which so much of our offseason was invested in, he's failed to establish any kind of faith in Locker from the coaching staff or the fanbase because frankly Locker has been handled terribly.

Seriously, what does this guy have to hang his hat? His 9-7 record in year 1? His 12-13 record overall? Isn't this the exact kind of BS mediocrity we grew sick of with Fisher?

3. amy

amy Starter

I don't think he was responsible for Peyton not signing here. really

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im not so sure youre competent enough to fully understand my posts sometimes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Munchak needs to just find something else to do. He can take Jerry Gray and Chris Palmer with him. This team has enough talent to make the playoffs. For them to play this way is just unacceptable. Wow.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lets see what he does next after hes been down and kicked.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've sensationalized nothing. I'm simply pointing out where your logic is flawed with examples. You want to bench players for mistakes but won't admit that situations arise that make that impossible, or, in many cases, makes it worse. You won't even go as far as to tell us what "insubordination" (your word) should put a player on the bench but Munch should be held accountable for leaving such players on the field.

I'm finding holes in your inconsistent viewpoint which, I'm sure, is frustrating you.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

"Neutral" means "pro". Right.

If you want me to further explain my feelings about Munch, I will.

I don't believe he is the kind of coach who could ever take average talent and turn it into a Super Bowl winner.

In turn, I also think he was dealt a tough hand by being named HC so late and having to settle for his coordinators. Because of that, I thought he did a good job last season. Not great. Good.

I also think he has average talent on the roster which is mostly inexperienced and mixed with players who should not be anything more than backups.

I don't think it's possible to be 100% for or against the man right now. I want to see how the season plays out. It's very possible, even if he ends with a few wins, it won't be enough because I do feel the coordinators need to be replaced and I doubt any quality talent would be willing to work for him with just one year left on his contract.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Your rehash is yet again inaccurate. We disagree on the simple premise that the FO/HC are ultimately responsible for the product on the field. I'm going to leave it at that. This is your board so feel free to take the last word to sensationalize my points out of context. Any one interested enough to reread the thread can easily see that where I'm coming from is far from what you suggest in your replies. I'm not frustrated because I see what your doing. It's a common tactic people use when their line of reasoning has lost its substance. I'm simply fatigued which occurs as a result of a tactic of attrition. Plus I've got better things to do than keep this up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You guys realize that had it not been for the illness Dinger would have probably got the head coach job. He was long considered the number 2 guy in the coaching staff.

Dinger's tragic demise left Bud looking for an inside guy he knew he could trust and Munch was that guy. I don't think that thinking is automatically flawed but sometimes it doesn't work. Look at Caldwell with the colts. Look at the job Arians is doing for the Colts and he was fired from his OC job with the Steelers.

Not all good coaches are high profile celebrity guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar