Overrated and Underrated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Who is the most Overrated and Underrated players on the team.

Over:Drew Bennett-To me he hasn't been catching as many as he used to.

Under:David Givens-Everyone is saying that we need another WR but we haven't even really seen him yet this year. The only reason he doesn't have the big stats is because Brady threw to everyone.

2. Overrated: Vince Young. He's getting tons of hype but he has a long way to go. He has done well for a rookie who came out early from an option offense, but the hype is in overdrive.

Underrated: David Thornton. He has missed some time with injuries, but he has been excellent when he has been on the field.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I like Starkiller's too, but for variety's sake...

Overrated: Haynesworth- This is supposed to be him playing for his second chance? The guy has the skills to make a huge difference, but we haven't seen much of them. Our run d keeps getting gashed, and we need someone to make early stops.

Underrated- Mawae. This guy has been bringing the line together, and I think he's been a great stabilizing force this season.

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Young overrated, if you are stricktly a stats guy than yes, but when you see him play and win games, heck no he's not overrated...

5. No, it's not stats. It's his command. Last week, for example, he made a ton of rookie mistakes. And he IS a rookie, so I expect that, but the hype is outpacing his play. He makes a number of big plays, which is great, but the consistency isn't there.

Let's look at the last 5 games. He had horrible games against the Eagles and Jags. Against the Giants he did nothing for 3 quarters before he got hot in the 4th. He ran very well against the Colts, but his passing left a lot to be desired. And in Houston we gloss over his struggles because of the TD run in OT.

Again, he isn't playing that badly, and he's certainly been ahead of most people's expectations. But the question was about being overrated. And he hasn't lived up to the hype yet.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Bennett isn't getting thrown to like he used to. Vince isn't using all the plays in the book. They are keeping it simple.

How can you say someone that has only played one game is underrated? lol

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Are we talking Titans' fans perceptions, or national perception? To me, they are two very different answers.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think Vince is under'estimated'

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

overrated: haynesworth. let's face it, the guy plays when he wants to.

underrated: pacman. he is what deangelo hall was suppossed to be.

10. givens would have been able to do a lot more if we had gotten him the ball more, he did realyl well in the miami game on his 2 catches

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar