Overall satisfaction with Titans FA in 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Mar 23, 2014.

?
  1. Satisfied!

23.0%
  2. True Neutral

55.7%
  3. Dissatisfied!

16.4%
  4. THE TITANS ARE TERRIBLE AND WILL NEVER BE ANY GOOD NEED TO RE-SIGN VY/CJ/BRITT/PACMAN!

4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Get out DBC

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

This was a very good free agency. We filled a lot of needs and didn't over pay for anyone.
    Oher, Woods, and Whitehurst deals are constructed to where we can cut them after 1/2 years without losing much at all. Very good GM work on those deals.

There is a reason Spikes only got a small one year deal. Everyone knows he is trouble. The Pats need help at LB and they didn't resign him. Bet he was never on our radar.

Woodyard and Woods are very good signings. Woods is a up and comer. Steelers fans were upset he left and same with Broncos fan. That tells a lot more about a player than subjective stats over one season. They will be solid contributors.

Just because we didn't sign any "Big names" doesn't mean we didn't get better. It means we didn't over pay. Look at the Mawae FA class, no big names, but they helped us to the playoffs that year. Their names mean nothing. We cant and shouldn't end up like the Cowboys or Saints who can sign anyone and have to cut their best players. We have ONE big need at Rush LB. That's pretty good heading into the draft.

We got better across the board. Being Neutral on this FA is fine. You could make a argument, but one I would disagree with. But, everyone that is disappointed in this draft has wild expectations or doesn't understand football that well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

Who do the Saints always sign? Think maybe you mean Redskins?

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Couldn't have said it any better myself. The purpose of this off season was to plug as many existing holes as we could with young, veteran guys who may not be flashy but are solid. This is in preparation to go BPA in the draft and get the young talent we sorely need. There seems to be a plan in place and we should believe in it. Whether it works or not will remain to be seen.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I guess I'm in the neutral camp as well. Nothing has me overly excited. But nothing's really upset me either.

When we finally cut MeJ I'll rate this offseason:
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Not pullin for it to be. Just saying that's the way its shaping up to be so far.

7. JCBRAVE

Titans have a legit coaching staff for a change, we dont truly know what this team can or can't do. For the past 3 years we've been held back by inept coaches. Going to be fun to see what a real coaching staff can do.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And a non-existent run game.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

the non-existent running game, which we somehow decided we would base our whole offense around..
    That is a losing formula, if I've ever seen one.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I went neutral. Some good signings, some meh signings, and ATV walked which I'm still bitter about. They plugged some holes though, so I'll reserve judgement until after the draft I'm excited to see what new coaching staff can do.

I like Locker and I'm backing him, but I am really concerned about his injury issues. If he's out for an extended period of time this season, it's over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar