Overall Feeling on the Titan's Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theprizdfighter, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I looked for a thread already started about this, but I didn't see any. I'm sorry if there is one that I over looked.

I was really excited after our first two picks. I'm glad we picked Young, because he's who I wanted us to take. Then our second rounder (cough another first round pick) LenDale White is freaking awesome for us to get. I know some people are hating on him because he was over weight and out of shape, but I'm sure if you tore your hamstring that you'd gain weight and become even more out of shape. He dealt with the injury before the combine, but it's a soft tissue injury so it will completely heal. I 100% seriously believe that we got the running back that will have the best NFL career out of all the RB's taken this draft. Yes think I'm crazy, because Bush IS nasty and I'll give him that. But LenDale only had ten less yards then him in their career totals and he had a mess load of TD's more than him. That and Bush is going to get the crap beat out of him in the NFL. He is in a good situation with the Saints where he can split time with Mcallister, but I still think he is going to get beat up and hurt.

I was stoked after these two first picks, but then after that it went down hill some. I was hoping we'd trade some of our picks late to get in the third round or maybe even back into the second since teams were trading left and right. We could have gotten some good quality starting players for this year (Marcus McNeill, Eric Winston, Darnell Bing, Abdul Hodge). I was a little dissapointed, but then in the fourth round we drafted this Penn State safety who I have never heard of, and I live in the area! Ko Simpson was still on the board, and he was projected to go in the first or second round in mock drafts. A first or second round quality in the fourth round is a huge steal!! I don't really know much about the rest of the players we took, but I hope that we did get some quality players.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Mel Kiper liked Calvin Lowry..

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Ko Simpson was apparently not thought of very highly by others teams either. Lowry is the better pick IMO.

I don't understand the negative comments by some "experts" on the White pick. The guy really does have a torn hammy so he should get a pass on his pro day. Who could run the 40 under those situations. White was the only true EG type back in the draft and there have been alot of backs with less talent taken in the second round in years past. He was a great pick up IMO and we needed a guy who can get tough yards and score TDs more than any other team in the NFL.

4. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Great on day one blah on day two. We are going to have some large position battles. No sexy names on the second day. I liked Jesse on day two. Thankfully George Plaster (a local radio guy in Nashville) is still on vocal rest and will not be saying Mahelona over and over again. He loves that guy and now that he's a Titan....oh brother...Anyways I hope Lowry's not another Donnie Nickey.

5. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

They filled the roster with depth on day two thats why there werent any 'sexy' picks yesterday but they got speed and physicallity on D as well as another big WR (whats new) but he could fit the Justin McCareins role (Orr) hopefully these day two picks pan out ST and Def. We all know we had the possible best 1st day with White and Young or the worst in history if these two turn out to be leaf and ki-jana carter. I think we'll be fine though

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Day one....great stuff (wish we had a 3rd...but)
    Day two...okay, but I do like the fact that we are going after some 'attitude' and 'aggresiveness' .....small linebackers, but seem to be tough guys.....

Guess I have to change my screen name...since I got my wish.. :)

7. theprizdfighter

LenDale will not be a bust. He probably is the best pro style back in the draft. And I honestly think he'll have better careers than all the other backs excluding Bush (if he doesn't get beat up and hurt which I think he def. will).

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

man, i thought this was a thread on Overall's feelings on our draft
    (damn, I wanted to see that) :ha:

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I love the Lowry, Tulluch (sp), Orr and Jesse picks in the second day. We also need some good special team guys since we let some go, so I think while not "sexy", solid 2nd day.

10. theprizdfighter

Haha..sorry to dissappoint you Puck..:suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar