Over-Under @ 64

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 19, 2010.

?
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Six week's into the NFL season our Titans lead the league in sacks. Averaging 4 sacks per game we're on pace for 64 sacks, but can Fisher, Cecil, and coach Washburn make history with this defense or should we only shoot for what we're on pace for? The NFL single season record for most sacks by a team belongs to the 1984 Chicago Bears, a year they accumulated a total of 72 sacks. So what do you say? Over or under 64 sacks? If you think over, do you think we have a shot at the record?

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i think we get like 55. i dunno where to find sacks per game stat but im assuming that the steelers game with a bad o line and a 4th string QB in there upped the average. also the denver offense that throws the ball 50 times per game gave us more opportunities and the raiders are bad at everything

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No. It doesn't matter how well the guys up front play, offenses are going to start throwing shorter routes and quarterbacks are going to take shorter drops in the pocket.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think we'll come close which is why I created the thread to see what others thought about us hitting a high sack total. I voted yes for the hell of it LOL, but see both Colts games as being the deciding factor. If this years defense can get their hands on Manning then it's 64+. Otherwise he's the sole reason we don't hit that mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar