Over-rated!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lakers. Maybe that IS why. He always sucks when he plays my favorite team. He's still over rated. Again- he couldn't POSSIBLY live up to the hype ESPN creates for him. Therefore is...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Who is better than North Carolina?

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Gloat wont be happy until he sees UNC play the other 63 teams in this tournament and beats them all. He's just mad because this thread blew up in his face.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Gloat you need to call out the Titans now for being vastly overrated.

5. Deuce Wayne

This thread didn't blow up in my face. I'm not sure why you guys don't understand the meaning of 'overrated', but apparently it's something many of you struggle with.

A team can win and be overrated. A player can be good and be overrated. It's a pretty simple concept: Made out to be better than they actually are. Which UNC clearly is.

Please tell me who UNC beat that was impressive this tourney. I'll be waiting...

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The problem, Gloat, is that you think everyone and everything is overrated. Nothing would be good enough for you. If you really think that Michigan State is terrible, then it's hard to take you seriously. You may talk down their performances, but getting to the final game isn't a cakewalk for anyone. Beating Kansas, Louisville, and Connecticut isn't easy for anyone. UNC couldn't play anything but the schedule that they were dealt (in the tournament). I'm sure Memphis really was the best team in the country, they just couldn't win in the tournament because they weren't "handed" a championship like UNC.

Get over it, Gloat. Memphis wasn't robbed, UNC wasn't overrated. No one is even arguing the stupid things that they always argue about championship teams. I was listening to the radio on the way to work, and they were saying that Hansbrough wouldn't even make UNC's top five all time team. I'm not saying that he should, but I'm saying that he's not even overrated, because even after winning the national championship, no one is making stupid comparisons. (I'm sure some people will, but it's certainly not a concensus.)

I know that you won't admit that you're wrong, but know that every time you refuse to, you look more and more foolish and stubborn.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

UNC beat everyone they played by double-digits. Maybe 20+ point wins would have meant something.

8. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

Deuce you never said who you think is better than UNC

9. Deuce Wayne

Louisville (and I dont think they're as good as advertised either), Uconn, Memphis, and maybe even Pitt.

Did you guys even watch this game? Did you guys even see the unforced turnovers MSU gave UNC? They literally handed the game to them. If they were forced turnovers, you may have a point- but these were turnovers that high school teams would have avoided vs North Carolina.

These guys don't even have a single NBA talent. And neither does Michigan State. Of course UNC won by double digits every game. Christ, if any of the other top 3 teams played the teams they did they would have done the exact same.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Everyone that was put in front of them. It's called a tournament.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar