Over-rated!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

So, what do you think about studies of stats, now? Gloat?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's college basketball. Upsets happen. UNC were just lucky enough that it happened to the teams that would have beaten them.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So by UNC avoiding the upsets that UCONN and Louisville couldn't makes UNC overrated?

Ohhhh OK. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

This is why I drop out of arguments with you gloat. Even when you are wrong, you can never admit it. It gets silly dude. But what I find even more disturbing, is that I think you actually believe this nonsense. UNC was the best team in the country pretty much ALL year.

Just like when Lebron wins the MVP, he will still be over-rated. When you dont like someone, you will create your own arguments as to why that are not as good as advertised.

5. Deuce Wayne

Don't blame me for you guys not understanding what 'over rated' means. Lebron winning the MVP would PROVE he's overrated.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I gotta say, that doesn't make any sense at all.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The best team doesn't always win... It happens all the time. The Steelers were not nearly as good as the Titans, but they won it all.

8. Deuce Wayne

Yes. It does. You guys have to think about things.

Ok- for instance: Brett Favre made the Pro Bowl last year. Did he deserve it? No. There were better candidates. BUT...due to his hype, due to his popularity, and being over rated last season- he made it anyway. Does him simply getting the award validate it?... No.

Better yet-

Manning won the Super Bowl MVP when Rhodes/Addai were the ones that deserved it. Hype wins again. Doesn't mean he was the best that game. Oh, but he got the MVP! He must have been, right? I mean- he got the MVP award!... do you see yet?

Dewayne Wade deserves MVP more than Lebron, but he doesn't have the hype machine backing him. And since he's more deserving, doing more with less- Lebron getting the award anyway would prove he's over rated in the public's opinion.

The way ESPN has brainwashed everyone- Lebron SHOULD be able to hit contested jumpers by now. He SHOULD be able to make clutch shots. He SHOULD be the best player in the NBA...
    but since he cant and isn't?

He's over rated.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

dude's got over 12k points, you don't think he's hit a clutch shot once in a while? Much less a contested jump shot..don't be ridiculous. Dude is good. The Cavs are better because of him. Look at the cavs pre-Lebron and then look where they are now. Get real..
    ________
    Atheism Advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar