Over-rated!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

UNC Tarheels aren't even worthy of a top 5 spot considering every team in the top 10 would beat them any given night. Lawson or not, these guys just aren't very good. If someone doesn't heat it up from the 3 point line, they lose.

Barely beat VT and now just lost to Florida State.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont put a lot of stock in conference tournaments. Some teams are playing for their seasons, others, like UNC, have a #1 seed locked already and are probably looking a week ahead. In saying that, they do need Lawson though. Without Lawson they arent a final four team. This season is weird in that there are no dominate teams, and there are 10-12 teams I could realistically see winning it. Louisville and Memphis seem to be the hot teams at the right time though.

3. Deuce Wayne

Memphis has been hot pretty much all season. They get the cold shoulder due to their conference though.
    UNC isn't a final four team with or without Lawson. Even with him they struggle to beat the most average teams- and sometimes lose to them.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Louisville is going to win it all.

5. Deuce Wayne

Louisville, IMO is like a less disciplined and slightly worse defensive Memphis squad.
    Well, basically a generic Memphis.

6. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Would you like to know where Memphis' Conference stacks up against the rest ? ... http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html - 10th ... A 10, Missouri Valley & Mountain West are better Conferences than the C-USA

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Gloat....I think you are just one of those people who like to go against the public grain. I am a UT fan but I live here in NC. Dude, the tarheels can beat any team in the nation with Lawson. Without him, they fall to a good team instead of a really good one. The fact of the matter is, there are just a lot of really good teams this year and no GREAT teams. I mean, you name one team out there that if they lost one of their great players would not be hurt by it. I bet they make it to the elite eight and possibly the final 4. I do not see them winning it all though. But this year who knows....its a toss up....which goes well for UT

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Are you just throwing things out there? NC is 28-4.

They lost to BC, Maryland in OT, Wake Forest, and FSU in the Conf tournament. All are decent teams...but far from just AVERAGE teams. If the 3 loss regular season is overated, then I wish UT was overated as well......

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=153

9. Deuce Wayne

Thanks for bringing it to our attention that CUSA is a weak conference.

10. Deuce Wayne

The Tarheels can beat any team in the nation with Lawson. But they can also very easily lose to every team in the top 10 with Lawson, also.
    I doubt they make it to the Elite 8, unless their road is very easy. And I know they don't make it to the final 4, regardless.

Just nothing special about that team this year. All the talent in the world, but they just don't have "it" to do anything with it.

and BC is a very average team. Maryland is an average team to with only 1 skill player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar