Our WRs are just bad

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MariGOATa, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Honestly, look through out the league the good teams usually have pretty good 1-2 duo WRs. In our team we have a solid WR corp. Mathews isnt an WR1 talent. His solid at a very best and doesnt create yardage after the catch. Decker looks about done. We still dont know what we have with TT beacause his barely on the the field due to our dumb coaches. And we all know Davis is still rehabbing his 12 weeks ago wammmstring.

Basically, our WRs suck ass, I never see them beating man coverage. Hardly ever see them open. I think thats one of the problems why we also look sluggish in the first half of the games.

#1 MariGOATa, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Matthews doesn't need to create yardage after catch. Matthews has made some absolute CLUTCH catches when called up, therefore there's no complaints from me at all.

Corey Davis being out has shook up this whole offense.

Nobody really was expecting anything from Taylor, Decker was suppose to be a 3rd down possession WR, and Matthews has reached his expectations.

Davis playing at a level he's expected to play and I think this group could be pretty good.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Disagree almost entirely with this post, WRs have been okay, would like to see NoPlayDavis get into the lineup though...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. EDN_Titan

EDN_Titan Starter

Also disagree with this. WR isnt too big a concern for me. Havent seen many bd drops really. Certainly far improved from when it was Douglas, Wright and DGB.

Matthews hasn't been amazing but hes still very solid. Decker had a great game against the colts. Also caught quite a big 3rd down catch on the sideline against seahawks. Taylor is doing a lot more than anyone expected from him.

When Davis gets back it should hopefully bump everyone else down the depth chart and give them easier match ups.

I do miss Tajae though...

5. NJTitan

NJTitan Special Teams Standout

Solid WR Corp, isn't bad, IMO. Yea we don't have that game changer yet(Waiting on Davis...), but how many teams have a stud 1-2 punch at WR?

I blame play calling, especially the 1st half, more than saying we have bad WRs.

Also think Taylor is showing he isn't just a gimmick WR. Let him learn all the ropes, and when Davis actually does get on the field and stays, all of a sudden you have a well above average WR group.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is news to no one

Titans and wide receiver is almost an oxymoron...

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Of all the games to be critical of the WRs, FairyGOATa picks this one. 218 of Fairyota's 306 yards were via WR. Mularkey said there were zero mental errors at WR, which was a first in his career.

Anything to pass the blame from the Golden Child.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Denver, Oakland, Houst, GB, Dallas, Tampa, Pittsburg, etc. I can go on...

Our WRs arent really talented. Mathews is decent but like many others I hardly ever see him beating coverage, he does make some real nice catches.

And Fry this isnt passing blame its the truth.

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I think the talent is there for the WRs but maximizing the talent is another story. 99% of this forum can all agree that this offense does the absolute minimum as far as getting the most out of these WRs and that includes Mariota. When the offense is primarily built on run,run, pass you can't fault the wide receivers because the offense is so predictable when we do pass.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Rishard Matthews is on pace for almost 1000 yards. He sux though.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar