Our Secondary

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by galaril, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlew

dlew Jeff Fisher is my homeboy

Granted things need to be fixed communication wise among our defense (and Griff needs to stay at home) but with the exception of the wide open AJ touchdown, a lot of the receivers were coming open because the QB is able to buy time. Schaub and Big Ben both got eaten alive last year and never had a chance to look downfield for those kind of throws. Pressure makes poor decisions and allows for your secondary to take advantage of those mistakes. Without forcing a QB to think quickly defense becomes exponentially harder...especially coverage.

2. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

also, Ford and Vickerson weren't dressed yesterday and the JJ ejection left two tackles. at that point i'd say Brown was pretty winded.

3. dlew

dlew Jeff Fisher is my homeboy

Yea that's true do you know why they didn't dress? I thought the whole idea was to keep a fresh rotation going...and we definitely miss JJ when he isn't in there.

4. TenACTyrant

that's a good question. do we know who else dressed that didn't in week 1? i know i saw Henry dressed but he's a giant waste of a roster spot.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You noticed that too? When I saw the replay I had to say something aloud as if I were Griffin on that play...

"Hey. There goes Andre Johnson.... oh wait! awwwwww man."

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I disagree (sort of)
    we need to draft a QB in the first
    we can draft a Corner in the second

7. TenACTyrant

lol yeah and harper's post game quotes basically said as much. that was Griff's responsibility

8. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Too bad we don't have a second round pick next year (trade that one to the Pats). The Pats fans are over on their board rooting we keep losing aso there other second rounder is a good one:(....I agree we need to draft a QB along with , impact safety like Sanders/ Polamalo, a starting CB, a starting LB and get someone who can play that is a horse at DT (Marks ain't him). So what is that 5 first rounders we need.

9. 24

24 Starter

What I saw was adequate pressure, with blown safety coverage. We should try more man coverage, maybe do what the Raiders do with Nnamdi. Put Finnegan on their #2, and put Harper on their #1 with safety help over the top. But, all in all, I blame our secondary problems on Griffin. He's playing way too agressive, especially on the play action (twice, maybe three times against Houston) and pump fakes (Holmes TD).

10. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Well regardless how good this group has been playing now we are really screwed with the injuries. The FO has really painted themselves into a corner with there poor off season signings of backup players when we could off. Cheap spending gets you cheap quality. Like I tell my CIO at my job you have to spend (wisely) money to make money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar