Our Scouts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by kenny, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You'll change your tune soon. Mett looks the part where others have not. Mett is only in his 1st year and stands poised and ready to roll in the pocket like a pro. Im anxious to see him this Sunday in Baltimore.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes, I think he was the opposite of VY in that he was an upstanding young man with all the intangibles off the field. A leader, a great work ethic, a lead by example guy, and a straightforward run thru a wall to win guy. But he didn't really have first round throwing ability. Whereas we tried to teach VY to become a mature person and leader, he didn't get there but he had great athletic talent. Locker was more of a player that needed to learn to be a great quarterback with footwork, throwing mechanics and reading defenses.

He was certainly overdrafted as were gabbert and Ponder so in a sense, he was a safe pick in that he wasn't gonna flake out on you, but a big reach.

3. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Yep me too....I see him connecting at least once with Hunter deep for a TD. He missed on a couple last game, but with the bye week and extra reps his timing should be better.

4. kenny

kenny Starter

I really hope you are right. I want him to be the guy and early signs look optimistic. However, my optimism seems so misplaced lately that I can't bring myself to say that he is the guy. As much as I want to I just can't. It has nothing to do with Mett and everything to do with the consistent disappointment every time I get excited about a part of this team. So in short I guess I am just being negative. Hate to be that way, just can't keep myself from it!! I support Mett and was very much in support of starting him now instead of later, but I will hold my excitement until I get a good reason to be excited.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

As some of us suggested, starting Mett was aken to 'dumping' the season and building towards next year. Your excitement should be that you are getting what you wanted...Mett starting now rather than later. Now the tough part comes in going thru those growing pains. So your excitement should be in trying to find improvement in this team...especially in the areas which have cost us games. QB is only one of those areas and Mett's success will depend on 2 other factors as well in OL and WR play.

6. kenny

kenny Starter

No I am not getting what I wanted. No fan is. I wanted a winning team without having to worry about the rookie playing. The only reason myself or anyone else IMO would want him to start now rather than later is none of the other QBs is doing well enough to keep him from getting there. That's not what I want. I want the team to win. PERIOD. I wanted Jake to work out. He didn't. I did not want to wait until 4 games left to start Mett. Doing so is a mistake. 4 games can in no way tell you if Mett can be the guy. I do not think that playing Mett is "aken to dumping" the season. I think it is akin to wanting to make something happen. No QB on our roster has done it to this point so why not give it a shot with Mett?? Maybe he shocks the world, maybe he proves you right. Any way it goes we need to know BEFORE the end of this season if he is capable of being a quality starting QB. Starting him now gives us a good enough look to know if he can be that guy.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

There are more factors than the two as well. RB & TE to be specific will be very important to Mett's success or failure. A good running game will depend on the line as you pointed out and will help Mett a lot. The RBs have to produce to take some pressure off Mett. They will also have to be on point in pass protection when they are on the field. RBs catching check downs will be important.

TEs must find a soft spot for check downs. They need to block well, get off the block, and get open quick.

I know it may sound as if I am trying to argue with you, but I am not. I agree with what you are saying to an extent. We usually see eye to eye on this kind of thing. I appreciate your input and like the back in forth. To be completely honest I really needed it tonight. We have some really serious/deep stuff going on right now. You took my mind off it for a few minutes.

THANK YOU.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First, of course you're right that RB and TE are important but I feel these 2 positions have played well with RB being limited by our OL and TE being limited due to QB (which again goes back to OL and WR play). So of course those areas are important and a strong running game and a good TE are a QB's best friend.

Sorry to hear you're going thru some 'stuff.' Hope things are getting better or will get better soon. BTW, one of the things I do when I get stressed out is to think about the draft and off-season changes...tons of possiblities to keep my mind pre-occupied.

I enjoy the back and forth also and I don't take things personally so no worries about anything we do or don't agree on. I enjoy discussing things!

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar