Our Scouts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by kenny, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

Looking at the players on this team I often wonder what do our scouts see in these guys that makes us draft them.

That being said who are our scouts? It seems as though every year we have high hopes for a new draft class that just does not produce. The class we have from the past draft seems to be contributing early. Have there been changes to the scouting team?

I know they report to Webster and he picks the players. We have had so many mentally weak players recently that I have to question if it is not time for some new blood.

What are your thoughts and information about this teams scouts??

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Hard to get a real feeling for how good the scouts are. The final choice on who is drafted comes from the GM. So the GM is really the only one who would know how good they are.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'm not sure what you mean by...we have so many mentally weak players...?

You can look up who our scouts are and during the days of the draft they are questioned about each of our picks and the draft in general.

It's hard to judge scouts when the GM makes the picks and we never know what their draft board is. And most of the time they use coach speak or this case gm speak...we got the guy we wanted all along, the draft fell just like we thought, blah blah blah.

So we don't know REALLY who many players they were choosing between, what trade opportunities their were, etc.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No one thought Warmack would have been as bad as he was, Morgan was viewed as a safe pick, and Locker would have probably gone #1 the year before. Ayers and Brown were both graded around the 2nd round and Hunter was considered a steal. It isn't like we are taking guys too early.

We have drafted well on paper, which is why I mentioned in the other thread that I feel we have/had coaching and developmental issues. Many of these guys have played better in their rookie year than they have later on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Maybe our scouts are double agents....

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

These are our scouts
    Blake Beddingfield | Director of College Scouting
    Dennis Polian | Assistant Director of Football Administration
    Brian Gardner | Pro Scouting Coordinator
    Wes Slay | Pro Scout
    Phil Neri | College Scout
    Tim Ruskell | College Scout
    Jon Salge | College Scout
    Richard Shelton | College Scout
    Marv Sunderland | College Scout
    Brandon Taylor | College Scout
    Mike Yowarsky | College Scout
    Dale Thompson| Titans Combine Scout

Anyone can become a scout, thats all Ill say about these guys.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

We should send them all angry emails.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

cross reference those names on twitter, we'll get them

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Maybe the lesson then is don't always play it safe?

Seems like we tend to draft guys who aren't complete and total busts but they never turn out to be game changers either.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. kenny

kenny Starter

Thanks JCB!! I have not had the time to look it up myself and appreciate the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar