Our remaining schedule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This week of games shows that anything is possible.

ATL almost beat OAK. The BROWNS beat the Bengals. Jets destroyed the Colts. Lions beat Philly. Buffalo one-upped Arizona. Giants destroyed the 49ers.

The games were crazy this week. Get a healthy Locker - and our targets are getting better every week with Britt and KW. Both are rookies in this scheme. If our defense can just not allow 30 points, I think we could make a move.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

You better hope Alex doesn't see this.

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

The bills just beat the Cards
    Dolphins and Bears playing well
    Colts beat the packers
    Jags are a division team
    Packers are packers

I can't say we'd def win or lose any of these games. Jets seems like the best odds for us. I might sound negative, but I honestly don't see us doing that well this season unless our D changes drastically and the switch from sideline to coaches box really does help palmer.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Eddie George is the baddest mother ****er alive

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I actually think we beat the Bills next week. Defense is just as bad as ours and all of their wins are against pretty bad teams. If Locker is healthy and the defense learns to tackle we're good.

6. JPSke

JPSke Starter

I hate to break it to you but the Titans are a pretty bad team.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I predicted 8-8 before the season started and considering our start that would be acceptable. We should win 3 more games in our division and 3 more out.

8. xpmar9x

There is 3 teams in the AFC with a winning record:
    Baltimore (5-1), Houston (5-1), and SD* (3-2)
    (San Diego still has to play tonight)

Anything can happen guys. Our remaining schedule is 1000x easier than the start of our schedule. HOU, GB, CHI are the only games I'm really scared about, all the other games I think we'd have a legit shot of winning..

If we get on a hot streak, watch out. I feel OK about the offense, it's the defense that has to make major enhancements.

9. terapinfly

terapinfly Baby, won't you carry me

if they continue to get fired up like they did on Thurs, I can see hope far off in the distance!

10. xpmar9x

Just look @ the AFC:

Houston (5-1) --> Got destroyed by GB @ home. Cushing is a big loss.
    Ravens (5-1) --> Lewis, Webb, and Suggs on IR. Ngata out for a couple weeks.
    Chargers (3-2) --> So up and down, never good in playoffs.
    Jets (3-3) --> Seriously? It's the Jets. Revis & Holmes out. Sanchez is trash.
    Patriots (3-3) --> #1 offense, but they have some sad losses.
    Bengals (3-3) --> Just lost to the Browns, that D is pretty bad.
    Dolphins (3-3) --> Young QB, will make mistakes. But that D is very underrated.
    Bills (3-3) --> Fitzpatcik is up and down, Spiller/Fred have been banged up. D is improving.
    Broncos (2-3) --> Give Peyton time, he'll get better. But, what happened to that elite D?

We had the HARDEST schedule in the NFL for the first 6 games. Our remaning schedule is EZ, 3 hard games (GB, CHI, HOU) then 7 very winable games (indy x2, jax x2, buf, nyj, and mia). Say we win the very winable games: that's 9-7. Could that make playoffs?

-- Locker is coming back. He's so much better than Hasselbeck. Locker makes stupid mistakes sometimes, but his athleticism brings another option to our D. He also can throw past 5 yards (unlike Hass).
    -- CJ needs to get us 60-100 yards EVERY game. We're the 32nd run defense right now - terrible.
    -- Britt & KW - both rookies in the system are improving every game.
    -- Cook & Nate - get 100% healthy, both have been impressive this year.
    -- OL - run block HAS to improve, they had two good games blocking (hou & pit) the other 4 they were terrible.
    -- DL - most start getting more pressure on the QB. Our secondary can't guard past 5 seconds, Wimbley.. where you at?
    -- McCarthy - get healthy dude... one of the few who can tackle when his ankle isn't a bum.
    -- Verner/McCourty - keep up what your doing, both have beeen solid.
    -- Nickle - Mouton has been terrible this year, lets see Sensabaugh in the nickle.. mix it up.
    -- Wiffin - You suck, quit missing tackles and letting deep balls by. Play up to your contract.

Do I think it'll happen? No, not really.. but i'm trying to be optimistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar