Our Qb Is Now Available..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by thnom, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs has declared himself eligible for the draft after receiving a 4th round pick by the NFL committee.

I believe a year behind mac and he'll be ready. I really believe he'll be a better pro than Vince Young and with a strong combine could show people his athletic ability. No matter of athletism, he's a passer and thats what we need to use our strong TE and WRs, whilst having the speed to escape the rush. I really believe this guy could give us a strong draft, similar to that of the SD chargers in 2001 when they got both LT and Drew Brees. We shouldn't now feel the need to take a QB with our first pick, get AJ Hawk and get Omar Jacobs and that draft will prove to be a steal.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

receiving a 4th round pick by the NFL committee? what does that mean?

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

"Jacobs received a fourth-round grade from the NFL's draft advisory committee, and believes his athletic ability will be on display at the NFL scouting combine and will help his stock rise."

Btw, the 1 player I wanted last year: Marion Barber III

My one wish this year is Omar Jacobs :D

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

^^^ okay?

Omar will at worst be a mid 2nd round pick, if you ask me. When they say that he recieved a 4th round pick, it means that is his projection, without any workouts. He will raise his stock quickly.

5. OK... but what does that have to do with our next QB, Jay Cutler??? :ha:

6. THE53

THE53 Guest

Marcus Vick is now turning pro too, after being dismissed from V. Tech. And NO, i don't want anything to do with him...

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Dismissed? Is he academically ineligible?

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Never mind. I saw the thread. How assinine.

Meet this year's Maurice Claurett.

9. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Welcome to Marcus Vick's Life

Sept. 2, 2003: Suspended for one game by coach Frank Beamer for undisclosed reason.
    Feb. 17, 2004: Arrested without incident and charged with four misdemeanors -- three for allegedly allowing underage girls to have alcohol and one for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old at a January party. Released on $2,500 bond.
    May 14, 2004: Convicted of three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $2,250. Found not guilty of having sex with the 15-year-old.
    July 3, 2004: Charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana after a traffic stop about 25 miles east of Richmond, Va. at 2:30 a.m. Police said he was clocked at 86 mph, 21 mph above the speed limit, and that the vehicle smelled of marijuana.
    July 6, 2004: Indefinitely suspended from football team for off-field problems.
    Aug. 3, 2004: Suspended from the university for the 2004 season on same day he pleads guilty to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession in New Kent, Va. Is fined $300, has driver's license suspended for 60 days and is placed in a first offender program on the marijuana charge, requiring that he perform 24 hours of community service, undergo drug counseling and random drug tests, and give up his driver's license for six months.
    Sept. 13, 2004: In plea deal, pleads no contest to one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Receives 30-day suspended jail sentence, is fined $100, ordered to perform 24 hours of community service and stay away from the teenage girls.
    Jan. 17, 2005: Cleared to rejoin football team and re-enroll at Virginia Tech.
    Oct. 1, 2005: Leads No. 3 Hokies to 34-20 victory at West Virginia, and makes obscene gesture to fans who have been calling him names related to past problems throughout the game. He apologized a day later.
    Dec. 17, 2005: Pulled over by police in Hampton, Va. for driving 38 mph in a 25 mph zone and driving with a suspended license.
    Jan. 2, 2006: Leads Virginia Tech to a 35-24 win over Louisville in Gator Bowl. In the game, he stomped on the left calf of Cardinals All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil, the NCAA sacks leader. Claims the incident was accidental and that he apologized to Dumervil, who denies ever receiving apology.
    Jan 6, 2006: Is kicked off team at Virginia Tech for legal trouble and unsportsmanlike conduct in Gator Bowl.
    Source: The Associated Press
    -------------------------------------------

His response? "I'll just move on to the next level, baby!"

Yeah, lol. Have fun collecting your 4th-5th round paycheck.

10. THE53

THE53 Guest

I could definitly see him getting picked by the falcons and playing with his big brother in the 4th or 5th round. Michael could probably straighten him out, and keep him out of trouble. He could move to wide reciever too, and that won't be a bad idea, since the wide reciever class is weak and the falcons need help there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar