Our Passing Game really impressed me Tonight.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

KC was not impressive at all. He made these nice dump off passes and a couple of good accurate passes. What was his QB rating? 75, around there?

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I would reference attempts because many games last year we just ran the ball and vince would only get 20 attempts or so. Which has also been the case this year for collins. The difference is when vince was allowed to air it out he was succesful. Yes he would typically have a turnover or two but he would at least put up tds and yards. And i'm not hating at all, i'm very happy with what collins is doing and I said I think he should still be starting. He is capable of playing football and not turning it over. He is not capable of putting up big numbers and giving us a great passing attack which is what so many guys on here were saying when he took over. When vince got injured everyone talked about how we would not have a vertical passing attack. Last night we maybe threw the ball over 10 yards 5 or 6 times. Many of you said when vince is our qb teams could just stack the box. Do you think teams still aren't stacking the box against us?

Collins is doing great at not turning the ball over. He's not being a great qb by any means though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

\

Collins is being a great manager of the game, which is what has been asked of him.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Collins is doing more than just managing the game, he's making some great passes...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5M3Px6fDp8k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5M3Px6fDp8k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Yes he is, my point is that he is doing what is needed. I hope he does start taking over games when needed. Im just saying his stats do not represent how well he is playing for us. He is just doing what is needed of him.

6. halt

halt Starter

Hey KingTitan, that was a great post. You have unique style and wit.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yes, but my point was Passing attempts only correlates with PASSING YDS. I understand your bias, I also understand that this offense is much more efficient with KMFC playing QB than VY. But more importantly, I believe the TEAM thinks they are better off.

8. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

I give huge kudos to our O-Line... Looked like KC was under pressure alot last night and made some huge throws too, but no sacks....

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

KFC is very streaky, and that's a problem. He was terrible in the first half, I thought we were going to see VY come out. But then, in the second half he played much better football. Hawkins looked good, and I would start him over J Mac. I am still deeply concerned about the passing game, but I'm not sure VY is the answer either. I could see Simms starting sometime this year. I could see VY starting. I could also see KFC playing the same way as last night for the whole season. I really don't know. The Bears game will be a great challenge for our passing game.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

scared of pukin' pittsburgH! >::)barf::fish::chair:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar