Our offense w/ collins vs. young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Actually the old Vince would be perfect for this offense, minus the turnovers. But in case you haven't noticed, all teams are doing is dropping there defenders back to stop the pass and leave a spy. They were doing that during his rookie season also. It's not that defenses found out how to stop him, it's that he was trying to be a full on passer which isn't his game. which is why his rushing yards were low. I wish people would shutup about the whole vince got figured out nonsense. It makes no sense.

2. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Yes, but Vince has consecutive bad days in a row.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

That TD pass? What about the completion ratio? What about INT to TD ratio? What about the horrible mechanics that lead to shoddy pass after shoddy pass? Unfortunately, a fade won't work in the middle of the field, and Young can't move the ball. Young has had a blue million chances, and he keeps getting more. I don't have a problem giving him even more chances, but don't pretend like he's doing well when he's not. I'm not hating on Young, I'm just not making excuses for him, and distorting the truth to make him look better. I owe him nothing. Its the Tennessee Titans, not the Tennessee Vince Youngs.

You weren't talking about their careers, but I dare you to compare them.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

But that's why we need to keep him. When we drafted him, he was supposed to be a QB project. And not play for at least 3-4 years. What happens, he gets thrown in, plays well and ends up the starter. So now he thinks he game can work in the nfl. The best thing to do is to keep him and develop him like we should have been doing. Because it's the coaches fault he's where he is now and they owe it to him to help him develop into the great QB he could be.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I am more ashamed of my VY jersey purchase than my Calico, Chris Brown, and Travis Henry purchases combined.

I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me.. I was a huge VY fan,I paid 75 bucks for his jersey.

This is a "man's" game. Vince acted like a full-on child last season.I have lost all respect for him until he shows he will be an at least average NFL QB.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Where are you getting that info from? Ive read from OFFICIAL sources that Vince has his good throws and his bad throws. As do all QBs at practice. Now if that is true and he was awful, then as long as he is still backup, then must be ok because Fisher would realize he's a lost cause and start working ramsey into a higher rotation. You can keep your bs source if there is one. I think i'll listen to what the big boys are saying :rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yes, I mean every sports analyst in the country.

Just to warn you, it doesn't always work out the way you are talking about. It was only two years ago that Byron Leftwich was the the Jags' guy, all the way through camp. According to the coaches, there was no position battle. Leftwich started every game in the preseason. Then he was cut at the start of the season.

It's not a perfect world. In most position battles, one usually does start out the favorite, and is given more opportunity to prove themselves. This is all immaterial. What do you think Young's going to do with those opportunities? If he outplays Ramsey in any week, I'll gladly vote for Vince to be our backup.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Understood, and I'm not arguing that, as Vince is no stranger to bad days in a row. I was just arguing that blogger's 'condemn him because of one practice' BS.
    And really, it's practice. You're allowed to make mistakes. Else it wouldn't be practice.

I'd MUCH rather see Vince *** up royally in practice or a PS game, than in the RS.

9. PBV

PBV Camp Fodder

No I agree. Anything can happen with 4 preseason games still to go.
    We are in a very fortunate position to have 5 games to evaluate our roster.
    Thankfully there will be some tough cuts to make in September.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He had 3 completions to help drive the ball 37 yards for a TD pass.

If C.Henry doesn't drop a ball that hits him in the hands, then the original drive continues. (This is the drive where Buffalo fumbled the punt return leading to VYs 37 yard TD drive.)

I don't think VY's performance was great. It wasn't even good. But it wasn't enough to lose the backup job. The fact that most posters here believe it was the straw that broke the camel's back, and VY has lost his backup job, shows a clear bias here against VY. The Titans official website lists VY as QB2, but most people here would demote him now.

I can understand this. You are admitting personal bias against VY because of his actions last season. A friend of mine is way off the VY bandwagon and he'll jokingly say "VY hurt my feelings". Because he quit on the team or so its said.

So while I disagree with nick's opinion, I understand the bias.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar