Our offense and defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

while @ the game today i noticed...

Offense-Well something needs to be changed/done to this whole offense. We just do not click as an offensive unit as a whole and we can not convert inside the red zone as effident by todays poor performance. I mean come on now, its the texans, there are 1-2 and all we can put up against them is 13 and the TD we scored didn't even come from the offense. The O was just terrible today and i wont sit here and just blame one person. Calico does look physically healthy even though he dropped the TD pass in the endzone because he turned the wrong way to catch the ball but he is looking better and better each week which is a good sign. Bennett is a good WR but in no way a #1 imo. We either need Calico to get a lot better or we need an impact WR to come here next year whether is be by the draft or FA. Brown and Henry are starting to look like a very good backfield and especially in the passing game with the screens, etc. Troupe looked good again but dropped a TD pass even though it was kind of low to the ground. But i have no idea where he went in the 2nd half, he did not play @ all, i guess he was hurt again or something, who knows. McNair is McNair, enough said. The O-line gave up no sacks, but didnt get our running game going too well.

the defense was pretty good today getting 6 sacks, getting 2 sacks each from both Vanden Bosch and Bulluck, if i remember right. Dominack Davis got 139 on us which wasnt a positive but got 44 of it on one play. All of our DB's(Thompson,Tank,Pacman,Renayldo,Woolfolk) played very good limiting Carr to 116 yards passing. Tank was very active in the running and passing making atleast a dozen tackles. Haynesworth, Keith, and KVB were dominant as usual. Kassell needs to go because he isn't cutting it @ MLB. The 2 blocked kicks were VERY big.

special teams looked very good with pacman looking better and better each week returning kicks and punts. the kid is a star! Bironas needs to finish the season strong to keep his job. Our coverage teams are solid.

I'd say our top 2 needs on this team are Linebacker or Impact #1 Receiver...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bironas is 21 of 27 this year I believe. I think his job is safe unless he has a meltdown.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I agree with everything you said, except that about Calico and Troupe. Calico was horrible on the two passes thrown to him at the beginning. While the first was more a 50-50 ball, the second was right there and a sure TD. He needs to step it up, he's regressed alot. Troupe is puzzling to me. I don't know if he's not being utilized in the right way or Chow just doesn't like the guy. It's mind boggling how someone with his potential is being shown up by a 6th round and UDFA TE. Drew Bennett played like a #3 or #4 at best. Roby was none existant, although someone mentioned he was wide open a few times and Steve didn't see him. Sadly, a RB was our top reciever today.

As for the whole Brown and Henry combo, I like it, but it's not consistant. I don't know if it's the OLine or them. We made the Texans front line look all-Pro with our running today. For a so-called "Running team" we looked awful in that department today.

All in all, we need a physical/speedy LB and a #1 WR who can make plays. It sucks, both years we've selected there hasn't been a Larry Fitzgerald or a Andre Johnson type reciever in the drafts.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Our recievers couldn't catch a cold. If Steve doesn't put it right in the bread basket they don't make the catch. It's pitiful.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Where was O.J Small?? He woulda caught everything his way.

Right Starkiller?

:ha:

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

As for McNair's poor throwing, yeah thats a factor, but it seems like its more of one than in the past. I remember Mason coming down with some awful passes his way; whether it be wobbly balls, balls thrown behind him or a little over, he came down with em. So....:hmm:

7. jdee

jdee Guest

I think our skill position players all need evaluation during the offseason, including McNair.
    Does our offense struggle because our QB is inaccurate?

Can our receivers catch reasonably thrown balls?

Can our running backs carry the load when they need to?

Can our tight ends block and catch consistently?

It just seems like we dabble in the running game week in and week out. Do we have a back that's had 20 carries in a game this year? We always seem to be 12 carries, 60 yards...9 carries 45 yards.

JDee

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The running game is so touchy with Brownie and THenry. First off, I don't think Chow trusts giving Brown a full load, being scared of Brown's physical breakdown. Then you have the fact that Henry was suspended so he never got in the flow of the offense and could gain balance.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CB's inability to finish what he starts is almost legendary.

Didn't finish today FWIW, but to his credit titans started with empty backfield so he might not have gotten a start. Anyone remember?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

pretty certain he did finish.
    Henry didnt finish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar