Our new WR coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Megatron is just telling Lions' management that he's tired of losing.

Dude is set to make an insane amount of money. No way he just gives it up while he's still producing.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's what I was going to say. He is ridiculously overpaid.. He can rest on his laurels and make that money if he stays, or make nothing by retiring. He might as well finish up that contract at this point.

Make the Lions pay for them (and the NFL) not offering guaranteed contracts. They can have half-assed Calvin Johnson for the next few years. Better pay up.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

cant they cut him because the contracts aren't fully guaranteed...

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

they can, but I doubt they will. He still would get game checks for every one played.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

From an article I found

"Johnson's agent did a good job of structuring the deal so that he'd have to be cut loose at 30, just in time for one last lucrative deal.

Here's what the money means: If the Lions cut him, even with some aspects of the contract accelerating, they'd immediately open $11 million in cap room for 2016, and $21 million in 2017 when his dead money would be completely off the books. If they were to find a team to acquire him via trade, that team would be on the hook for only Johnson's base salaries, which total $32.45 million over the next two seasons. He could also redo his deal after a trade."

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Sign the man if he's released.

I realize that's a pipe dream and that he would likely reach out to the Pats, Seahawks, Packers, Colts, etc.

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Isn't that partly why Barry quit as well? He says health which plays a big role but both are and were productive and sick of losing in Detroit.

9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

If there were no salary cap, I would have no problem with premiere players getting premiere salaries, but dang...when you are a WR making way north of $15mill/yr, I'm sorry, but you are taking up too damn much oxygen. Let some of the other brothers breathe, for Pete's sake! I mean, the team can bring in a handful of pro-bowl caliber free agents for what he is making.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. JBC

JBC Starter

If Johnson is sick of losing at Detroit, why would he come to Tennessee to another losing team? If Johnson gets cut he will sign with a playoff caliber team.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar