Our greatest need (besides for a new coach)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i think a cb like purifoy would be a great special teams player along as solid corner too he could be had in the second possibly the third, if we somehow get a 3rd back,

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Have you seen our linebackers? Do we even have a backup? Oh wait we have 3 backups and they are all starting for us. I forgot. linebacker is a huge need. If you would honestly rather have another wr than a tackle or a linebacker then I seriously gotta question your mentality.

I'm ok with brown, I'm even ok with using mccarthy and fokuo. But we got to atleast do something about ayers. Dude sucks.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Only way cb is a need is if we don't sign verner. If we do I highly doubt we'll be worried about that position.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We have taken linebacker EARLY the last 3 years, coaching is the issue here. We have starters, we have depth upon depth, we don't have the coach. We aren't getting Orakpo and we will probably go the entire draft without taking one.

I mean, its not even worth talking about. You are the only person who has suggested it.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Ayers is a bust. He wasn't even good before we made the coaching change. We need to replace him. Gooden could possibly be that answer, but who knows?

We definitely need to bring in atleast 1 OLB this offseason.

You say we have depth. Really? Just because you have players doesn't mean you have real depth. I can't believe you don't think the position is an issue. Have you watched us play? They are clearly the weakest part of the d.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ayers isn't a bust, he was playing pretty damn well the last two seasons up until the coaching change.

Yea, we really have depth. Fokou and McCarthy are not going to be replaced. Gooden will have a bigger role next season and Shaw takes care of special teams.

Are you serious? Weakest part of the defense?

Okay......

We don't have the luxury of taking another linebacker early or even spending money on one. Its not going to happen, because the need is minimal.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Ayers is in the wrong system to be good. His coverage is terrible, always has been. His pass rushing is ok. I still don't see why we don't move him to d end. Well I guess I do. We don't have a linebacker that is better than him to take his spot. Which is sad.

And did u say Shaw is good depth? Lol. And as for gooden. Yeah, he has potential, but he hasn't proven a damn thing yet.

It might not be the biggest need, but its up there

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ah, I see, reading comprehension is the issue. Never said that about Shaw.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

So you're saying 1 rookie lb and a guy who is the captain of the worst special teams in the league is good depth?

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

YES

Jesus, ****

thats exactly what I am saying. We are not bringing in any high priced free agents because linebacker isn't that big of a need. So any significant free agent is scratched off the list. We aren't drafting one high for that reason either. So we can choose to draft a late rounder, and replace Gooden, who has a year in or system. Or get rid of Shaw, who is pretty good on special teams.

It isn't happening. I realize taking a linebacker is a 'sexy' pick, but its not what we need. We get a new LB coach and our problems with the position likely go away.

Seriously? where do you think the resources are? We have to wrap up Verner and Casey, who would both create a MUCH bigger hole if they left. Then we need to look at the likely replacement for CJ. Then we need to find DE, OT. Without a third, you are looking at linebacker around the 5th round, if at all. Linebacker probably isn't even on the front offices radar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar