Our greatest need (besides for a new coach)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cory Lynch, boom!

But seriously, theres a crap load of safety FA's coming up in 2014, if we need one we'll have a lot to choose from.

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

we do need a third safety, but I wouldn't put backup safety on top of the needs list.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yes, not on top. I would like to see though another young safety besides Damian Stafford. Unless they think Stafford is another 7th round gem.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Really don't want to use another high draft pick on an O-lineman. I badly wanted Cooper/Warmack this year because i thought they would be the final piece to solidifying our OL for years to come but now that that didn't happen I'm not willing to take another risk on an unknown. Cut Big Country's sucky ass and sign Saffold/Winston to a 3-5 year deal. Now we got a vet at tackle that can't help our young guys out. Still wanna draft a Tackle later on though, Roos looks shaky this season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We aren't taking any linebackers, thinking that is pretty dumb.

Our needs are going to be OT, DE, RB, and someone on special teams that has some return abilities.

Honestly, even if we take a linebacker or OT, it isn't going to matter. Our coaches for those positions are going to eliminate any talent we actually put there. I'd rather us take a receiver or defensive back because at least those position coaches can coach themselves out of a paper bag.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Calvin Pryor III, S Louisville.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

In what round? I think the NFL has made safeties undraftable in the early rounds.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Sad but true.

I think this year we go back to the DE position. Unfortunately I haven't done any homework on those prospects this year. So I have no idea who to suggest.

What would be interesting is to see us just wait on the tackle position like we rode out amano for too long...

I think this draft rests heavily on if munch is fired of not. Webster is sticking around (thankfully) but a new HC would have a huge say in the direction he wanted to go.

Safety... Couldn't see one getting drafted early for us.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea......I think you should just draft tall guys with some cover skills for safety these days.

I am pretty disappointed with how this year turned out, as is everyone. Mainly because it has shown to how any needs we still have. DE is a must have, and early. OT needs to be taken early as well, but I have a feeling we will get surprised here. In the off chance Verner isn't back, corner will be a need. I think we need to get a QB, Murray, and I wouldn't be upset if we got the best receiver we could get out hands on sometime around the 4th or later.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Unfortunately for us, we have been stuck in purgatory and now the texans are about to land bridgewater in this draft (who I think is a legit concern for us). Then the JagRags will be drafting another QB as well... Carr?m

We could quickly be wondering if we are least talented at the QB position after next season. Luck and bridgewater will give us fits for the next 10.

I'm not sure defense is that ignorable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar