Our first pick in the draft to be an explosive RB.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jessestylex, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think if we didnt pick up Alge Crumpler a WR would have been our first pick.

our first pick will be a RB, 2nd will be a Defence guy, 3rd or later will depend on what deal we get from the Cowboys. a WR will come in the 3rd or 4th round imo.

2. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

The only thing Crumpler does is sure up the TE spot. That does help us in the passing game, but it does not substantially minimize our current dilemma at wideout. WR should happen sometime in the 1st 2 rounds.

Who is going to be there that is projected in round 3 or beyond that can help us out next year?

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

You dont have to have a big named kid , for all we know the next Moss could be a 5th round pick out of a small school. we could draft a WR out of the 3rd round and he could turn out to be better than 1st rounders.

Tom Brady was selected with pick #199, While Vince Young went in the 1st round. now which QB is worth more?

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

finding the next Moss will be next to impossible

we need to be looking for the next Colston

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

This draft is deep in the receiver department but there is no such thing as a small school sleeper anymore. If you can play they will find you no matter how big the school is. Sometimes the best sleepers are the kids that come from big schools where they were hidden behind some complete stud for 3 years. Barry Saunders spent 3 years behind Thurman Thomas before he got his chance to shine as a senior. Selvin Young spent 2 years behind Cedric Benson and then split time with Jamal Charles now he is a free agent starter for the Broncos. Also there are the kids like Justin Fargas that spent most of their college careers injured or Priest Holmes who started for 3 years at Texas then lost his starting spot to a guy named Ricky Williams.

My guess is if there is a sleeper out there it will more than likely come from the bigger schools than some unknown NAIA or Div III school.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Bill, it's not an attack. It's an observation that you contradict your own logic.
    You want Sweed and argue that college success doesn't matter, he has all the tools.
    But then you argue that Charles is better than Johnson because he had college success vs Johnson's tools.

Pick a side.

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

No, I argue that Charles has experience against top competiton (Johnson doesn't). I argue that Charles has excellent YACs; I argue that Charles is a tough inside runner for a guy his size. I argue that Charles has excellent receiver skills. Charles is the best I have ever seen at utilizing his blockers, he has shown excellent patients in letting his holes develop and he has great explosion.

I also admit that Charles has had injury problems (ankle sprains), fumble problems, and hasn't returned kicks or punts on the college level.

Lets not forget I like Johnson equal to Charles and would lean to Johnson if we need a new return man. I like both as a receiver but I like Charles a little more as a runningback for the reasons I mentioned above.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i'm not completely sold on Selvin Young - the Broncos running system could make me look good

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Probably why the Broncos will likely spend a high pick (1st or 2nd) on a runningback. He did a solid job last year and even if the Broncos do pick up a top runningback he has proven that he is an NFL quality RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar