Our first pick in the draft to be an explosive RB.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jessestylex, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I would prefer Jamal Charles over Johnson but not by much. I just think Charles has proven himself on a much more grand scale than Johnson has. Johnson might be a bit faster, but Charles is a much better football player.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think reinfeldt will wait to draft anyone until the Seventh round because he doesn't want to spend the "big money" and overpay for someone who may just be a bust. Instead he will go after studs such as paul williams.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Is anyone else as shocked as I am to hear this?

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You would prefer Charles over Johnson but "not by much". But CHarles is a much "better" football player. What?

I agree Charles is probably the better of the two if you look at pure RB skills.
    Johnson is by far better if you look at everything else considering Charles didn't return a kick in his college career and that is going to be a major negative as far as the Titans are concerned IMO and Johnson has some experience at WR.

I like both players and I was one who mentioned Charles before the combine. He can be electrifying and I even noted for a small guy he seemed like a decent running in the middle of the field and didn't mind lowering his shoulder. I wouldn't complain if we drafted him. I do think he is a better 2nd round value and might fall that far.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I didn't think about the return man aspect since we have Griffin but if we need a guy to return kicks and punts then I would give Johnson the nod over Charles.

Both are great receivers and can play the slot and Charles is probably the better running back so I guess it really comes down to if they want the return guy or the better runningback.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We already have an explosive back. His name is chris henry and he ran a 4.33 40 in the combine and in just a small number of carries had 2 runs of over 20 yards. He is not a bad receiver either. Shouldn't we see how he does with more playing time before giving up on him?

Wycheck is using matt millen logic.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

:what:

IMO drafting a RB at #24 would be throwing away a pick/need at another position. WR/DL/CB should be addressed WAY before we try to add depth to our RB spot. Only IF Adrian Peterson re-enters the draft right before we pick do we go RB @ 24.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I can buy that but I'm a person that likes to take the best player available no matter what position it is. the key for us is that runningback is such a vital position for us that above all else we need talented guys that can carry the ball. With the way our corners played last year I have a problem with taking another in the 1st, especially if we have a pro bowl one that we are about to trade away for virtually nothing.

9. ConVinced10

ConVinced10 Guest

i think WR or DE is what we need for 1st rounder...
    we have waited later in the draft for a WR every year and so far its not working well...and as far a pacman goes why should we trade him off for a 5th rounder when 1st rounders somtimes dont even make the team (Mike Williams for the raiders who we picked up)...

dont get me wrong i would still love to hav a great RB if its there

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

there are a hand full of teams that pick before us that need the same kind of players we do, i look for them to grab them up before we get to.

the top WR's or RB's on our Radar will be gone, they only way we can land them is by making a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar