Our first pick in the draft to be an explosive RB.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jessestylex, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

You people freak out over the littlest things, could it be that Frank is just "carrying the water" for Fish and company. You know laying down a few false leads so that the water is a little muddy so as to not let the real intension be known. All teams talk crap this time of the year.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow, terrible.

I really don't want to take the time to go through every game summary and break down how many rushes lendale had for 8 or more yards this season, but he had at least one rush longer than 7 yards in all but two games, and in one of those games he only got 8 carries. There were several games where he was busting off ten yard carries like it was going out of style. No, he doesn't get 70 yard TDs, but he moves the chains. We're going to stick with him, and if we can improve the passing game he'll only get better.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Did you watch that game? We had 119 yards rushing, and only 129 yards net passing! The running game was ok, it was the inability to throw the ball that kept us from getting anywhere. Our passes averaged 4.4 yards per completion! That's terrible!

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What we need is weapons on offense a well as a KR guy. If drafting Johnson or Jones gives us that we can score more points and have better field position. LW is a decent back on 1st and 2nd down but wouldn't it be nice to have someone who can help raise our 3rd down % and get us into the endzone more often?

Sure a Fitzgerald or Bouldin type WR would be great but guess what? We won't get one with our 1st pick. I simply don't think that guy will be available. It is very possible if Kelly or Sweed drops to us we might go that route but I'm not sure they will or that they are what we are looking for.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Slaton in the fourth round! :wall:

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Wycheck also said we had 9 games last season where we score 1 TD or less.

we deff need a weapon on Offence , a RB can pretty much make things happen alone. a WR will need VY to get him the ball. i think Alge Crumpler will be our leading catcher no matter what WR he have.

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Well whenever your #1 RB, in our case Lendale, has just 69 yards on 19 carries, you know he's an elite back that truly deserves the #1 spot. God forbid we actually get a playmaker at any position, whether it be RB, WR, TE, whatever.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Look guys we need more speed period and that includes the runningback spot. If we can find an explosive RB like Felix jones, Chris Johnson or Jamal Charles maybe we should take him. Lets face it you don't pass up a Michael Jordan because you have a Clyde Drexler.

And no; our running game is not all that great. We could you a little upgrade there. If our coaches don't think a 1st round worthy receiver will be available in the 1st then why waste a 1st on a guy that will never live up to that pick.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he doesn't get any ten yard tds either.....

10. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I like Lendale :(

I thought he was a bright spot on our team last year. His runs weren't always pretty, but he just about always got the yardage that was needed. I think he is a great #1 Committee back. We just need someone who has breakaway speed to spell him on certain downs.

I think Johnson is that guy. He is faster, quicker, and more agile than almost all of the people in the draft. He was excellent on returns, and put up over 1400 rushing yards last year, and over 2000 all-purpose yards. Its not like he put on a football helmet right out of the gym and said "hey, I'm gonna go play football now". He actually contributed ALOT to his team.

In the bowl game against Boise State this year, he put up 223 yards rushing, and nother 68 yards through the air. That seemed like a quality performance against a quality team to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar