Our DEs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If that is the way KVB feels then state it and go. I don't want anyone on the Titans who does not want to be a Titan. Obviously KVB wanted to be a Titans heading into 2005 and if $$$ is all he is concerned about then basically he, like a bunch before him, just used the Titans to heal up and position himself for $$$. (Carter being the most recent example, but there have been others)

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

KVB is a Titan because they claimed him off the wire. Let's hope that means something to him but I don't blame any man for testing the waters when he can. He's not "using" the Titans for anything. Actually, the Titans have gotten about the best value they have from a player probably in the history of the franchise.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ahh, I had forgotten he was a waiver claim, thought he was URFA. And that does change my argument totally.

Regardless though, if he don't want to be a Titan then fine, say so and go.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

GoT, I think you are forgetting that this a business too. Sure he feels some loyalty to the team that gave him a second chance. But in the end, if someone comes and doubles the offer that we give, you cant blame him for taking it. I am glad we had the opportunity to have in on our team and be one of the only things to make me smile in a crappy year. I hope he comes back, and gives the Titans a second chance.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Is there anything stopping us from offering him an extension before the season is finished? We're 4-9. It's hardly going to be a distraction going into the playoffs. Sign him up for a fair deal before he tests the market.

6. pking34

pking34 Guest

Wonder If Philly Regrets What They Are Paying Kearse

Kearse has been a good, but not great player for the Eagles (7.5 sacks last year, I think 6.5 so far this year); but he got a superstar-level contract (isn't Rosenhaus his agent?); I recall before Javon left Tennessee, Rosenhaus thought Javon should be paid as much as Ray Lewis. Nicknames have power; Philly bit. I wonder if they regret that?

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm sure Reese will talk with KVB's agent and try to work a deal ASAP. It is possible something could be worked out. I'm not sure KVB is intent on waiting out the best offer unless they think Reese's offer is too small. It all depends on what they feel is a fair offer. Nobody should fault a player for looking for a fair offer. Comments about players wanting or not wanting to be Titans are ridiculous. It is a business. The wild card however might be KVB having a real conncection with the coaches and thinking a large part of his success is due to Washburn's method. There is something to be said about quality as well as quantity.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

How are you so sure, can't be because the Titans are known for midseason extensions.

Tell the players they are the ones saying it. And it ain't just a business, some players actually want to play football, not just cash a check.

Agreed.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm sure Reese will try to sign KVB before he hits free agency simply because he would be a moron not to. Doesn't mean he will get anywhere with the attempt.

You said you don't want anyone on the Titans that doesn't want to be a Titan. Even if KVB wants to be a Titan it doesn't mean he will be one. There is alot that goes into choosing an employer. Pay, security, who the boss is and location to name a few. KVB never said he "doesn't" want to be a Titan. I have no problem with a player looking into other job opportunities and just because a player doesn't choose to stay does not mean they are negative toward the Titans. Your insinuation is just because KVB may test the market he doesn't want to be a Titan. That is ridiculous. If I had to guess I would bet KVB would rather stay. The problem is the only way for KVB to really know what his options are is to hit the market.

You also said " some players actually want to play football, not just cash a check". Seems to me KVB WILL be playing football even if he goes to another team. Actually KVB might land on a team that has a shot at a championship in the next couple of years so he not only gets a fat paycheck but also gets to play in the plaoffs and possibly help a team win something. The Titans are not the most admired location for winning a championship at this time.

10. No, he was a UFA. Arizona released him and he was a 4 year veteran.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar