Our Defense is still the weak link.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

17 points is way below the Clots season average.

Jim Schwartz put together a very good scheme today and has dones so the past few games.

Give it a rest.

2. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Chow and VY... Without them, we lose big time. We were getting gashed.

3. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

nay sayers

there is a group on here that give Fisher, Reese, Schwartz, Sirmon and Bennett little or no credit for any thing positive. If you want to ***** and moan about any of the above today, you need to switch teams. In fact, I for one would love for you to start sharing your vast knowledge with another team.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Vince isn't experienced enough yet to beat defenses with check downs. The Colts ran an 8 man front a lot of the game, and we still ran the play called. Once Vince learns his way around, he will burn teams that do that. For now we just have to live with it.

As far as Swartz, he held the Colts to 3 points in the last 45 minutes of the game. Pretty amazing actually. If we just had a safety that didn't give up two easy TD's they might not have even scored that much. Hill still plays too soft, but didn't give up much today. I think the schemes kept Peyton off balance, and some great hitting in the secondary caused some drops. When this team grows up, it's going to be a blast to watch.

5. 1) D-line should be fine next season with a free agent addition.

2) Draft a big phat man in the 2nd round.

3) Stud #1 WR will be taken care of when Dwayne Jarrett/Jeff Sam./Calvin Johnson's name will be called in the draft.

4) Tulloch can get the job done.

5) FS = Move Courtland Finnegan there

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I really wish we get our hands on a stud CB soon.
    That should be a good start to addressing some of our secondary issues.
    By a stud CB i mean a playmaker! Somebody opps would fear to even consider throwing close to.

Maybe then Schwartz's genius-ism could kick in..
    (is that a word?)

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The reason Schwartz "held" them, is that they only got 3 drives in the second half. So a lot of credit needs to go to Chow and Young for keeping Manning on the sideline.

I'll give Schwartz credit for the goalline stand, but I'll also blame him for going to his stupid prevent defence (or Swiss defence as I like to call it) on a couple of 3rd and longs, giving Manning plenty of time to connect for a first down.

If Vinateri doesn't miss the 53 yarder that Schwartz offers to him the game could have been very different.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Would that be Swiss as in Swiss cheese :ha:

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Exactly, full of holes it is

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Our defense played very well except for the two long pass plays to Harrison. The weak link by far is LT. If we are going to play alot of cover 2 we need two good safties and LT is slow getting back in coverage.

I was shocked the Colts didn't throw more to Hill's side of the field considering every time they did they had success. Right now I'd rather have Finnegan out there to see if he can be a long term solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar