Our Brand of Football

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

My best friend in college was a starting olb at WVU. All we did was watch football, talk football, and play tecmo bowl. He was an extremely smart football guy. He always said that you win football games by playing great defense, running the ball, and throwing to the tight end. Granted this was during the Giant's heydays with simms, anderson, bavaro, carson, and LT but he was right and this is our brand of football. That's why Fisher has been so successful. He follows that same strategy. Like it or not, I know its ugly, but it is what wins.

With that in mind, our draft doesn't look so bad. I was just as mad as everyone else but we got a game breaking rb, two DE's who our stud d-line coach loves, and the best blocking TE in the draft who also runs a 4.59 forty. Hawkins could turn out to be the steal of the draft. I know how lots of people feel about Kiper, but this guy knows what he is talking about. He busts his butt, day in and day out, and he has connections. I know for a fact he talks regularly with Eric DeCosta scouting director for the Ravens. He has the respect of lots of personnel people. I don't feel the same way about McShay though, he couldn't carry Kiper's jock. Anyway, he thinks this guy will be a major contributor to our team. Possibly the steal of the late rounds.

Come on, are u kiddin me? We are going back to the playoffs. Vince will definitely improve with these added weapons and more experience.

P.S. For all of you that sit on here and bash everything the Titans do, go get a life. Take your #%$^&&* somewhere else. These boards can be so informative but morons are always there to ruin them. What a shame!

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

^ Thanks for sharing my EXACT opinion bro. Glad to see it!!!!!

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Kiper is an idiot. I agree with some of your points, but I wouldn't say the Titans' draft was stellar.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I actually think we will open up the offense this year. But here's the kicker, we also have the rb and running game in Lendale who can clock out if we get a lead. We might just have the best of both worlds once Heimindinger is done. I think this could be the perfect storm we've been looking for. Offenseive firepower, Defense, and the ability to chew the clock. It's almost scary.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Dinger was brought in for the sole purpose of opening up the offense. Yes, TOP is valuable, but not as valuable as points. We need sevens this year, not three's. The FO has obviously made our run attack their top priority of the offseason (Chris Johnson, re-signing Roos, signing Jake Scott, picking up Stevens "the best run blocking TE in the draft class", etc...) Now, It's up to Dinger to utilize the running game and to use more play action so Vince can throw some touchdowns. The run game also leaves Vince Young wide open to scramble. I'm really excited about the offense at this point in the offseason.

6. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

You hit the nail on the head get an early lead and grind it out like we always ave tried to do since fish got here.

7. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Dinger will have us scoring more touchdowns. Remember Fisher said he thought Dinger was the best playcaller he has ever worked with. We're going back to the style we had with McNair, George, and Wycheck. Handoffs, play action, dump offs to Crumpler, and going deep to whomever.

I just hope our d-line stays healthy and we will be alright. I'm actually looking forward to big things from Griffin this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar