Ouch

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gunny, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pompei's Draft Rating

I dunno if this had been posted before but the Titans got a C ranking.

LenDale White is a risk and we should have taken Leinart.

The only good thing out of this is the Texans got the worst ranking.

:sad2:

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, rating the draft before the players have played a single game is just dumb. How can anyone say we should have picked Leinart over Young when neither have been in action?
    And sure there is a risk with White (and personally I wanted a lineman), but the entire draft is a crapshoot, so even a perfect prospect might be a complete failure.

And looking over his rankings you quickly realise he's smoking the funny tobacco... Atlanta, Bills and Baltimore had better drafts than Tennessee??

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

dan pompei is a joke for an nfl "expert". he's aweful. i've never seen him nip something in the bud. sorta like adam schefter. but worse. check the sporting news nfl preview magazine every year, go back when the year is over... he must be a texans fan...

4. Opinions are like ***holes: everybody's got one...

If you don't like Young you probably don't like our draft. As for White, I don't see how anyone can call him a risk in the middle of round 2.

5. ya, a power running back usually wouldnt be considered a risk

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

We need to send a scout into a penitentiary and get someone on parole.
    You know, beef up that MLB spot... find some speed at receiver...

Check the players in the supplemental draft for assault charges...

Thugs, Dreads and harmony : The Vince Young Touchdown Machine

7. Well, the rating is defo based on whether the ''expert'' thinks Young's got potential to be great or a bust.

Don't matter anyway, they'll matter at the end of the season when they review the draft picks.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That guy must have had a nub-on for Leinart. We should have taken him, and so should have the Jets and the Texans. I've never heard anyone suggest Leinart go #1 overall to the Texans. That disqualifies this dude right there.

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I hate "experts" who are blinded by their own opinion. Its okay to say you thought they should have taken but when there isn't much difference between leinart and young in terms grades by nfl teams- you can't put the grade right down there.

We are 'taking a risk' with LenDale White yet Jimmy Williams is fine at Atlanta? Both first round talents who went 2nd round. Jimmy Williams has the character issues and people question his talent at both CB and Safety, yet LenDale missed workouts in which most people agree they bloat players up with injury? Good one.

10. i think that it might have been a question if lendale was ever going to be 100% after the injury, because sometimes these things dont go away, even when its this it can still hurt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar