OSU - Owned

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TNThunder, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Florida cleary dominated and was the better team. Not getting in Leak's face was due to Florida's o line, and the game plan. It had everything to do with what Florida did.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ohio state rushed three almost the entire game, i would hope florida's front five could block three. OSU went completely away from what they did all season long and it cost them.

i knew when florida's kicker actually made a FG, it was just their night.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

So they got out coached then. And what about Troy Smith? Did Florida have nothing to do with making him look like the worst heisman trophy winner ever?

4. Fry

yeah, they most definitely got outcoached.

i didnt say anything about troy smith not looking bad. he was awful.

you have to take into account that tedd ginn was probably going to be their focal point on offense though. the OSU coaching staff probably spent that entire 51 days creating mismatches for him, then he sprains his foot running untouched into the endzone. no deep threat, so the UF corners squat down on every short pass. the pass protection was awful. i dont think they tried a single pass over 12 yards.

like i said, it was just florida's night.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Excuses. It was Florida's nite because they were clearly the better team. OSU did not play that tough a schedule. Their biggest win was over Michigan in a very tough game at home. Then Michigan got blown out in their bowl, which means maybe that win over Mich at home wasnt as impressive as everybody thought. Florida was clearly more athletic than OSU, and OSU couldnt adjust at all. Losing Ginn hurts, Im not denying that. But there is no way one player is worth 27 points. As good as Ginn is, there were few, if any mismatches against Florida's defense.

6. Fry

it was florida's night because they played a perfect game. all year they killed themselves with stupid turnovers, penalties and missed scoring opportunites. they didn't do any of that during the game, while OSU played their worst game i've seen since tressel became HC.

as far as the ginn "excuse", picture the UF offense without harven. that takes a lot of elements out of their playbook. no, he isnt worth 27 points by himself, but he certainly is worth 7 more and opens things up underneath for the other WRs.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think Florida played a pretty big role in how bad OSU looked.

8. Fry

yes, the UF defense won the line of scrimmage, i'm not denying that, but the OSU defense played right into what had to be done for UF to win.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Maybe they did have a bad gameplan. But, I dont think it mattered much because Florida was clearly the better team. I think last nites game, and the USC-Mich game just showed that those 2 teams werent quite as impressive as everybody made them out to be all year. One of the Florida players said that they played 4 or 5 teams this year that were better than OSU. And, I dont know if it was that many, but after watching that game I do have to say that OSU was not the best team Florida played all year. They were handed the preseason #1 ranking, and they played a pretty weak schedule which allowed them to keep that ranking. But I dont think anyone can argue they were the best team in the country, because Florida clearly showed they were a more dominant team than OSU.

10. Fry

that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. i just wish they didnt come into the game with a schwartz-like game plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar