Oscar Nominations

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by XO, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pretty surprised I'm the one bumping this thread as I don't give two shts about the Oscars, but I turned it on a couple of times, but didn't watch for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Caught the part with Ted and Mark Wahlberg on stage - which was incredibly done however they managed to do it.

I'm glad Les Miserables and Life of Pi did not win best picture because I was afraid they would. I haven't seen Argo yet, but I have wanted to for a long time. Affleck has become a legit actor/director with The Town and now Argo. Talent was always there, as we saw it in Good Will Hunting, but the rest of his stuff was pretty bad.

I probably would have given Django every award... that and Zero Dark Thirty are the only Oscar nominated films that I've seen (I believe). I am fine with Argo winning it though because I wasn't expecting that, and I was worried they'd give it to an artsy fartsy movie. I respect the performances in Les Mis, and I'm sure they were incredible, but I would not spend three hours of my life watching people singing on screen.

Still need to see Argo, Silver Linings Playbook, and Lincoln. I don't care about the rest (that I know of).

I missed the "We Saw Your Boobs" skit by MacFarlane, but heard it on the radio this morning and watched it on YouTube a second ago... funny.

Gotta love how some people have now claimed that MacFarlane is homophobic and racist. Idiots. He is the reason I tuned in at all... and he's not a homophobe or racist. His material may be offensive to weak, timid people... they can all go straight to hell.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ehhh if you watch Family Guy...I reckon he has something against Jews.

I don't really care and some of it is funny but it's fairly blunt.

------

I remember a few years ago everyone hated on Affleck, guy has turned it around career-wise.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have never been that big into Family Guy. I feel it is incredibly overhyped.

It was a funny idea for a show for a couple seasons... then I just got tired of it being around.

Loved Ted though.

Jewish jokes are just somehow funny to a lot of people... I have no problems with the jokes, but I have a couple of Jewish friends who take huge offense to anyone making any type of Jewish jokes.

I feel like MacFarlane should be Jewish if he wants to make the jokes... just convert to Judaism for the jokes like Tim Whatley (Bryan Cranston aka Walter White) did in Seinfeld!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I haven't seen Ted yet but hear it is funny.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There were more musical performances than the Tony Awards.

Unfortunately, not the same vocalists.

But it was ok. Really glad Lincoln didn't get much. DDL I suppose got the award he does roles for. Really annoys me that he does nothing for years and waits on a role he thinks will be considered- then does it well (but not great) enough and different enough to trick people in to thinking he's some great actor.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

DDL is a great actor but they had already crowned him the winner before they even started filming Lincoln. If you play in a biography, it's yours to lose. But really, they should have given the Best Actor trophy to the make up artist.

7. GeronimoJackson

Never get enough of him in Inglourious Basterds.

8. GeronimoJackson

2 for 2 on Life of Pi, how was it?

Looked pretty boring to be honest, but I might give it a chance.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

It is great.

Beautiful film. 8/10

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

django sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar