Oscar Nominations

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by XO, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica

Jessica Starter

Anyone seen Django? Christoph Waltz definitely deserves best supporting actor.​

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Saw Zero Dark Thirty last night... good movie, but I don't see why it's up for best picture.

Django gets my vote for everything. I'm sure the performances in Les Mis were good, but I doubt I could sit through that movie without falling asleep.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Eh, it was good, I enjoyed it. Just too simple for the best movie of the year IMO...but then again, I haven't seen any of the other nominated movies lol. I could really care less to be honest, Oscars are a joke now anyway, too many nominees and there's no "true" best picture anymore, any mediocre movie these days will get nominated. Where's LOTR, Gladiator, The Pianist, Schindler's List?

Being a Dark Knight fanboy, I'm sure one thing we can agree on is it's an insult that Michael Caine didn't get nominated for best supporting actor, he's always been the backbone of that franchise.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

My gripe with Michael Cain (and I love him somewhat) is that he's the white Morgan Freeman.

How many times can you play the role of Michael Cain before you're just scenery?

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

That's true, but in TDKR, that was the best Micheal Caine he's played since the 80's, so it's like just give him an apology Oscar and let the man retire.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agreed. He was phenomenal

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The Life of Pi was a good, well-rounded movie. I saw it while Traci was at work; she said she'll get around to watching it when it makes the redBox circuit. Since it was released two of our island theaters closed so now we only have one cineplex and two small theaters within our 50-mile radius.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

What, nothing?? that was comedy gold!....

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Hmmmmm Zero Dark Thirty was excellent.

It is a tough call for best picture.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Agree fully with this. Django was insanely good, I did not expect it to be that good. So funny, Waltz nailed his part. Great movie. I'm a big QT fan though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar