Orlando, Fl

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dee, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

So after a couple weeks of discussing it with my girl, I decided to take a job with the Orlando Magic.

Any Floridians in here or ex-floridians familiar with Orlando.
    Moving on down to da souf!

The area we are looking at currently is in SouthWest Orlando near the Millennia Mall, I think it's like a 10 minute drive from downtown, right off of 4. Also close to Disney World and Universal.

@Fry yo I know you got the herb plug.

But really, how is Florida?? I've been there only 3 times and that was all in the last 2 months and I was only there for a couple days. So any advice would be dope as hell.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nice.

I go to Florida about once a year for a week with my family, we always do the Disney thing so I dont know a ton about the area even tho Ive visited a dozen times.

I have driven around, and I have to say; paying those tolls to get around gets old quick.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Visited... never lived.

Drastically different in a lot of cases...

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Yea I've heard Orlando is a bunch of people not from Florida lol

1 thing that sucks is that it's in central Florida so the beaches are a nice drive away.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Not necessarily a bad thing... nearly equally as far from Atlantic beaches and Gulf of Mexico beaches.

Summers are HOT.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Daytona is a bit away, and the water is not nice and clear. I like clear water, not a big fan of Daytona, was there last year. What u doing with the Magic?

Orlando has NASA, Disney, and a lot of touristy places. I know a girl from there, she liked it, but she was born and raised there.

I would say, just from visiting, that it would be not a stellar place to live, but not horrible by any means. I'm sure traffic is bad. It depends on what you're looking for, how much you would like it.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I lived in Jacksonville, FL for about 4 months, being from Illinois it was awesome. I just went to the beach every day after work and became a beach bum.

8. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Strength and conditioning, I only do conditioning at my current position, and I'm a trainer. I do the rehabilitation program. That's my main position.

I applied for a position at USC but it didn't fall through.

I originally was not offered this job because they wanted someone with more experience, two weeks after he called and asked if I was still interested. Flew me down, interviewed again and got the offer.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Jacksonville is like a hour and half away?

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think it's more like 2.5, right near the edge of Georgia. I live up in South Carolina now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar