Oregon = Best team in the country

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Notre Dame beat a better schedule of oponents than the Bama team you're calling the best...

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Duke = the best team in the country

I know this because they won a bowl game and their coach used to coordinate in the

SEC SEC SEC

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

SEC vs the Big 10

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

bama played 8 cupcakes this year and lost to mr football.. but because of the flawed preseason ranking system... they got the shoo in to the national title game

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I can easily prove the big east is the best conference. After all, UTjr turned down Gruden to hire the guy at Cinci. Doesn't that speak volumes about the superiority of the Big East football conference?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Big East is funny to me

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So Notre Dame beat Stanford and Oklahoma, and Oregon beat Oregon State and Kansas State.

That's it.

Bama beat Georgia and LSU... Clearly both better teams than Stanford, Oklahoma, Oregon State, and Kansas State.

I don't even like Bama... I hope they lose. I want Saban to leave so I can watch the state lose their already weak minds. But they're the best team. It's obvious. And it will be all the more obvious after Monday night.

Bama 27 Notre Dame 10

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Bama lost to Mr. Football the week after LSU. Bama is always flat the week after LSU.

Don't worry. He'll get his next year. TAMU is the first SEC team Bama plays.

Edit:
    Actually, for you goofballs praising Oregon and saying Bama played a cupcake schedule, who did Oregon play again?
    'Cuz I'm looking at their schedule, and it ain't that impressive. They've beaten two teams who won their bowl game:
    Arizona and Arizona State. Wow.

Bama at least beat Georgia. And if Ole Miss wins tomorrow they'll have beaten two bowl game winners as well.

9. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

LSU was exposed as stupid vs Clemson

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Oregon is good, no question about that, and I do kind of wish ND had lost and we could have potentially had an Oregon vs Alabama national title game. But, to think they are the best team in the country because they beat a way over rated K-State team is a bit of a stretch. I mean they are 0-2 vs SEC teams in the two years prior, and one of those was Auburn, who had basically one player on defense. But Nick Fairley pretty much held their explosive offense to 19 points by himself. And last year, LSU gave up 27 to them, but I believe 14 of those were in the 4th quarter when they were up by almost 30.

I wish they would get rid of the bowl/conference tie-ins. I would have liked to have seen Florida vs Oregon, I think that would have been the most interesting bowl game outside of the national title game. And yes, I know Florida layed an egg, but I have a feeling they would have been up for Oregon a little more than they were for Louisville, and would have stuck more to a ground and pound type game running Gillislie, which is what they did all year, but decided to go with a different game plan against Louisville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar