Orapko has to be intriguing to Texans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<br /> <em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>INDIANAPOLIS - Texas defensive end Brian Orapko is viewed by some as the best defensive end in the draft.</p> <p>If he's viewed that way by NFL decision makers with the first 14 picks, than the Houston Texans won't even have a shot at him, but he's got to be intriguing to them considering that their primary offseason mission is to find pass-rush help to take some attention away from Mario Williams.</p> <p>Williams accounted for 12 of his team's 25 sacks last season.</p> <p>Orapko's official measurements were 6-3, and 263 - that's pretty impressive weight-wise for a guy who was 210 in high school and now says he's eating all the time.</p> <p>Here are some quick highlights of his podium session Saturday:</p> <p><strong>What is your best position?</strong></p> <p>"Any position. Right end, left end, Sam, Wil, mike, anything, 3-4, 4-3, it doesn't matter. That's the thing about being that athletic and as versatile as I am, you can put a guy in anything.</p> <p><strong>Are you serious about the Mike?</strong></p> <p>"No, I just threw that out there."</p> <p><strong>Are you a top-five player?</strong></p> <p>"I think I can be. I think have the potential, the athleticism and also the learning curve to be. It's not about the best player available. It's about the best player that's needed. So we'll see.''</p> <p><strong>What's your favorite position in a perfect world?</strong></p> <p>"In a perfect world, I just want to rush the passer, first through fourth down if it was a perfect world. Any position where I can be effective doing what I naturally do best and that's getting after the passer and affecting him. It's not all about the sacks, it's all about pressure.''</p>

More...
  2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

This worries me, Orakpo, Williams and Okoye?
  3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Duh. Orakpo has to be intriguing to everyone.
  4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Texans are going to be great next season . the puzzle is slowly coming together for them. they have 3 of their franchise players already, Andre,Slaton and Mario.
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

hahahahhahahahahaha

I see this post every season by different people. And it STILL cracks me up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.