Opinions...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

Hey, no gator love TWR#1? Marcus Thomas, despite his off field stuff has to be in the top 5 DT's. (Titans should probably stay away from an off the field stuff player however!) No way Reggie Nelson is only the #3 rated safety.

2. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

why isnt Reggie Nelson the 3rd rated safety??

and Marcus Thomas has too many isues.....off-field,I know he is a great player,and all but i wont see him being drafted before any of those guys.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because he is the best one in college, that's why.

4. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

well i just thought he meant he wasnt worthy of the number 3 in the nation....but in all seriousness...He isnt the best one in the nation,and there is no way 3 safeties go in round 1 with all the top heavy talented positions like WR,RB,CB,and DE as well as OT.LaRon Landry has earned the 1st safety taken spot,and if he isnt than there is something wrong,because I've seen him play many times this year,and although his stats dont equal how much he has actually done to this point he is the true leader of the number 2 defense in the country...and has made his fair share of plays...I also think Griffin will go ahead of him because he is a better tackler,and can blitz better,and also is a more SS,FS type player,where as Reggie Nelson seems better suited as a FS at the next level.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I would love to see us snag a playmaking S like reggie nelson in round two and a stud DE in round one. Leon Hall doesn't deserve the #2 spot he got burned all day by ted ginn jr. he dropped several spots because of that to me anyway.

Not saying it's gonna happen but how good would our run D be if we drafted Alan Branch if he declares. Thats two 6'6 320+lbs dt's whos gunna run on us. Might be better than the Jags dt's if they both play to there massive potential. Then add a decent end opposite KVB.

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Marcus McCauley...no way does he deserve the #1 corner spot. He's had a terrible year and isn't even currently starting. He started out as a potential top 5 pick, if he would have just played at a consistent level, but he's really bombed this year. Good thing for him that he is one heck of an athlete and will likely wow people at the combine workouts.

Also, if I would revise my rankings back on page 1, I would put Ben Grubbs as my #1 OG. The more I watch him, the more I like him. I think he's gonna be great at the next level because he's not just some fat slug road grater, he's pretty athletic and can move. I like Beekman as well, but the only thing that worries me is his lack of height...I wouldn't be surprised if he measures at 6'0 flat.

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Can anyone tell me what the market looks like for a center? We need a young stud to train now bc Mawae doesnt have too much longer

8. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

We have Amano back there being groomed....the staff is really high on him,and he has played well at G,when filling in for injury....I think he is our future C.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

S...

I watched LSU, Texas and Florida's last game very closely. Based on those 3 games, I'd rank those 3 saefties...

Reggie Nelson
    Laron Landry
    Michael Griffith

Reason being, Nelson makes big plays, plays with a ton of energy, will pick off the ball or knock it down...or even more likely, knock you out. He was playing deep saefty most of the game so he wasn't asked for much run support, but he made sure tackles in the secondary and really laid the wood. He's also fast! I think my numbers of 4.4 speed are pretty much what I saw.

Landry played more in the box as a SS and showed his athleticism, but he also got blocked out of the play too often. He also doesn't appear to have Nelson's game speed.

Griffith was the most disappointing of the 3. Several times he took bad angles, missed tackles and flat out took himself out of the play. On occasion he attacked the ball carrier and sometimes laid a vicious hit, but one of those left the ball carrier still standing where as tackling the guy would have been better. Also, against a good running team like A n M, he got confused as to who had the ball too much. Also, he refused to go low against Lane (their big RB). Ross had a much better game.

We'll have to see how Nelson does in run support but he was better than the other 2 in coverage and in the secondary roaming center field (which is exactly where Lamont is a lot right now).

Gut

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Considering Mawae, a former Pro Bowl C is starting for us, I don't see C as a NEED position to be filled. We have holes in several other areas such as OG, RDE, FS and CB before I'd worry about an OC.

Plus, we just signed Mawae this year, we WON'T sign another FA OC next year so don't even waste the brain power thinking about that. At most, we'd draft an OC or OG who could be groomed, but as mentioned above, we have bigger needs.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar