Opinions...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think this team needs a top DE, CB, DT, S on D and a top OG and RT on O.

Since VY is still developing, a top 5 WR would probably be wasted right now and the WR's we have are fine if we can rebuild the run game back into dominance and do the same for our defense.

There is no OG or RT worthy of a top 5 pick nor a CB or S. That leaves DE or DT. Depending on what we do with Haynesworth affects our need at DT. However, we have no good RDE and we need better than good if we're gonna have a top defense.

So who in your opinion are the top 5 players (that will be draftable) at...

Also feel free to mention as few as just one guy!

DE

DT

CB

S

RT

OG

Gut

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

DE is pretty nice in this draft. You have the likes of Gaines Adams, Quentin Moses and Victor Abiamiri. Also, that Jamal Anderson guy from Arkansas looked preety good the other night against the Vols - could be a sleeper. DT seems to be preety stagnant and not much worth mentioning. From what I've seen, I don't think theres even a DT worth a 1st round selection at this point. CB is extremely deep this year. Whether we spend a top selection on a CB again or wait to the later stages is still in the air. S seems to be nice, especially with Laron Landry. As for OT and OG, there seems to be plenty of talent at the position. Maybe this year is a good year to trade down, draft Landry and accumulate a bunch of first day selections?

3. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Ok this is just my opinion on guys. I watch college football extensively, and I won't list guys that I haven't seen play. I also get alot of opinions from other people at the other forum I post at (it's a draft board). These are in order, and include juniors.

DE
    1: Gaines Adams, Clemon, SR, by far, top 5-10 pick
    2: LaMarr Woodley, Michigan, SR
    3: Quentin Moses, UGA, SR, who is having a bad year
    4: Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame, SR
    5: Tim Crowder, Texas, SR

DT
    1: Alan Branch, Michigan, JR, by far, he's easily a top 10 pick if he declares
    2: Marcus Thomas, Florida, SR, kicked off the team, he will drop far
    3: Quinn Pitcock, tOSU, SR
    4. Tank Tyler, NCST, SR
    5: Amobi Okoye, Louisville, SR, FYI, he's a 19 year old senior!

CB
    1: Darrelle Revis, Pitt, JR
    2: Leon Hall, Michigan, SR, will be the highest draft pending he doesn't bomb his 40
    3: Fred Bennett, South Carolina, SR
    4: Marcus McCauley, Fresno St, SR, will go higher if he runs his 40 as expected, not a great year though
    5: DeAndre Jackson, Iowa State, SR, will drop in the draft, torn ACL

Safety
    1: Reggie Nelson, Florida, JR
    2: LaRon Landry, LSU, SR
    3: Michael Griffin, Texas, SR
    4: Eric Weddle, Utah, SR
    5: John Wendling, Wyomig, SR

OG
    1. Ben Grubbs, Auburn, SR
    2. Justin Blalock, Texas, SR
    3. Josh Beekman, BC, SR
    4. Manny Ramirez, TTU, SR
    5. Mike Jones, Iowa, SR

I did not list RT because I very much disagree about us needing one.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Quentin Moses would not even be on my radar if I was a GM. I like Jamal Anderson at DE. I like Harrell at DT (probably attainable in the 2nd). I like CJ at WR. Don't forget Thomas out of Wisconsin at RT... he should be top 5 worthy from what I hear (haven't seen him play much). I like Aaron Sears in round 2 (has experience at guard and tackle, excels in run blocking, nice size). I'm not high on Landry or Griffin, the two safeties that I've actually seen play. Not sure who I would take there, but I suspect that Lowry might be able to fill that anyways. At CB, I really like the guy out of Cal. I'm not sure where he's projected though. I'm guessing he's off the board in the first sometime.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

is a RT worth a top ten pick?

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Levi Brown out of Penn State, maybe, but even that's pushing it. He should be more in the mid-late 1st.

Also, to the other guy, Joe Thomas is a LT.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Do we need a better RT than Stewie? I think he's been pretty good so far. I haven't looked back at yesterday's game yet, but I don't remember anything bad. I'd still like to see Amano at OG. The line is still a little bit up in the air, and I wouldn't rule out help, but I think we should take a really good look at what we've got already (including Amano).

If AH stays, I think a top DE is possably the biggest need, but no way I'd rule out a top WR. WR's usally take a little time to develop too, it could be a great match.

Just the most impressive guys I've seen are WR Calvin Johnson, DE LaMarr Woodley, DE Gaines Adams, DT Marcus Thomas, and S Laron Landry.

My homer pics :) (and not 1st pick guys) are Aaron Sears if we want versilte o-line help, and Justin Harrell if we want a DT that will probably come cheaper than what he's worth.

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I think we need a guard in the 2nd to takeover after Olson either retires, leaves, or just sucks...

Calvin Johnson though is who I want and who we need...

9. CJ is the only way, but we do need someone for LT and oppossite of Vanden Bosch, and definately someone in place of hill, y dont we put finnegann there? hes really really good

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Well yes, but he can project to either side imo. He is 6-7 310 with the frame to add more weight (according to scout.. maybe added more weight since then). He has the size. The reason he is likely to be at LT at Wisconsin is due to their overall lack of talent/depth. The most athletic/best lineman is put at the most important spot, namely the qb's blindside. Also, he should be adept at run blocking (a need for our team and the main asset you want in a RT) if he is an all-american at Wisconsin. I would wager that they run on 70%+ of their downs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar