Opinions: What is most holding this team back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, Oct 23, 2011.

?

What is most holding the Titans back?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2012.
  1. CJ - anything related

28.3%
  2. Coaching - personnel and play calling

23.9%
  3. D-line - lack of consistent pressure

15.2%
  4. MLB - lack of tenacity and size

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. O-line - run blocking

21.7%
  6. Receiving targets

10.9%
  7. QB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nah, you don't annoy any of us.. Welcome back :cool:

2. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

The biggest problem with this Titans team.

They're not that great of a damn team.

Talk about giving the Texans false hope? [stupid joke]False hope should be the name of our starting safety. It almost is. Lol [/stupid joke]

We got all super hopped up after three wins. One big one to a good Baltimore team. Then to Cleveland.... Then to Denver. And people on this board are shouting PLAYOFFS! SUPERBOWL!! HASSELBECK FOR MVP!!! WOOOH!! Lol. No.

We had one big upset and won two games any half way decent team should have won.

We're a rebuilding team. Rebuilding teams have a lot of problems, but it can all be categorized under the field called "Lack of talent".

If you want to pinpoint the biggest ones (in no particular order, because they're all pretty big).

1.) Our center shouldn't even be starting in the CFL

2.) So should 75% of the defensive line. I'll give exception to JJ, Klug, Morgan, and Smith. Problem is Klug's a mid-round rookie. Smith's a weirdo that attracts flags like a gay pride parade. Morgan's always hurt, and JJ's playing out of position and is always hurt.

3.) Our two best players on offense are MIA. Kenny Britt with an injury, and CJ with a sudden onset of being a horrible running back.

4.) Idk why but I paid attention to Griffin today. He gave up some touchdowns, looked slow. Seems to have lost his edge. Oh and our other safety is a 50 year old career backup.

5.) Ruud was a bad pickup.

6.) A lot of the good young players we have are just that, good and young. I don't jump on Cook or Williams or Harper (if we'd ever freaking playt he guy) or Locker (when we eventually do freaking play the guy) for their mistakes. When they start making mistakes later in their career I'll be upset. This is the time for mistakes.

7.) Some bad playcalling (especially on defense).

8.) Matt Hasselbeck's a good QB. He's not Jesus like some people on this board seem to want him to be. I don't think he should be around next year, I don't see him leading this team to anything bigger than maybe the first round of the playoffs. If he's willing to stay and be a mentor/insurance to Locker, than GREAT. If not... I'd rather move on.

Everything on that list can be categorized under: "We just don't have the right group of players on the field together. When the McNair/Fisher era ended, we haven't been right since. Last year we lost a head coach and a starting QB (not b!+ching about either of them leaving, it was time for both) as well as a lot of other key players. Especially on defense. It's pretty ballsy to think that Tennessee's going to take the field and make a huge run under those circumstances. If we end up 8-8 I'd say that's going above the expectations for most teams in the situation we're in.

Basically our problem isn't really a problem. We're just a transitioning team, not a superbowl contender. Hell we wouldn't even be a playoff contender if Peyton Manning didn't get hurt. Some fans and coaches don't want to accept that reality.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

And the lack thereof...lol

4. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Voted for D-line though. That's the biggest thing I'd be addressing in the draft and free agency next year.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

#1: Chris Johnson. You can't expect Hasselbeck to complete every 3rd and 10 because CJ had 2 rushes for 0 yards. There is teams with worse OLs and their RBs are doing more than CJ.

#1T: No WRs.

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

People keep saying this but it just doesn't exist. There hasn't been a worse o-line since at least 1995 than our current one.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

It's hard enough to rank QBs, WRs, RBs with complete accuracy, let alone a whole offensive line.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Not saying it's 100% accurate, but likely the best we have.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think at 3-3, we have been playing over our talent level. This team was not very good last year after VY got benched. So I look at it and say we've been better than expected, but now we're getting back to what we should have expected, which is that we had a pretty bad team.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

we replaced Fisher with a "Fisher Guy"....why are we surprised by the results?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar