Opinions: What is most holding this team back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, Oct 23, 2011.

?

What is most holding the Titans back?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2012.
  1. CJ - anything related

28.3%
  2. Coaching - personnel and play calling

23.9%
  3. D-line - lack of consistent pressure

15.2%
  4. MLB - lack of tenacity and size

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. O-line - run blocking

21.7%
  6. Receiving targets

10.9%
  7. QB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

They need to re-evaluate themselves (coaching)

2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

CJ is our disease at the moment.

The CJ fangirl club was right early on though. Teams were so worried about CJ that Hasselbeck was getting a chance to get out there and look like a pro bowl QB.

Now, everyone realizes that CJ is nothing more than a multi-million dollar paperweight. It's 8 weeks in, there's no more excuses. Blocking is the same as it was last year, no excuse there. CJ has just gotten complacent and lazy, and apparently he's convincing himself that blocking is the entire problem as well, so he's taking none of the blame.

Now that no one is really worried about CJ though, they can focus on dismantling our pass game, which is now being headed up by a veteran QB and a mediocre AT BEST core of WRs.

As a result, we're getting 3-and-out'd left and right, our D is getting exhausted, and now we're just doing terrible.

It was nice riding those fears of CJ early on in the season, but now no one is afraid of him. It's going to be a long year from here on out unless we get a solid running game FAST.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm gonna sound like a broken record here because I've been pointing out our weaknesses for awhile now.

1. VANILLA and completely unimaginative offense. Using CJ the wrong way... (see LeSean McCoy).

2. HORRIBLE interior offensive line. Amano is just a joke, Harris is a borderline bust and Scott is just a body with a mullet taking up space.

3. ZERO big play receivers, minus Britt of course. Can't keep using 3rd and 4th round picks on receivers and expecting them to pan out. This team must draft a first round receiver, end of story.

4. Missing often on 1st and 2nd round picks over the last 10 or so years. It adds up guys, players like Calico, Woolfolk, Troupe, Pacman, VY, LenWhale, Chris Henry. Guys you can't make a competitive roster with misses like these.

5. CJ sucking. Missing training camp really hurt him not to mention he got his big payday and is suddenly not the same player... extremely disconcerting.

6. A "budget" approach to free agency. To me you use free agency to grab one, elite player to fill a hole here and there. We always grab average players but those guys are almost as easy to draft. How much better would we look with Julius Peppers? :facepalm:

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Where you been, HeadOnASwivel?

5. pettso

pettso Starter

This sums up a lot of the issues nicely.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would anybody try and identify or blame one thing after how we have played the last 2 games. Every aspect of the team was horrible today!

A good running game does seem to make everything else better so that should be priority number 1 but how can a defense that was one of the best in the league the first 4 weeks look so completely incapable the last 2?

2 straight blow out losses to teams that were very short handed. Pathetic!

What is Munch saying to these guys at halftime after they popped all over the field? Way to go guys?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

WTF we did draft a WR in rd 1 and he can't stay healthy for 2 minutes.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Hey, I've been lurking around but I haven't posted in awhile. Just moved the family half way across the country so I've been pretty busy. I'm back and I'm sure I'll annoy half of you at the least, lol.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Dear RollTide

Obviously there are more than one or two things wrong with our team. Fixing one of them will not fix all of them, but fixing some things will help fix others.

This thread was only started to gauge peoples opinions on what they thought MOST was holding the team back.

That is all.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar