Opinions: What is most holding this team back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, Oct 23, 2011.

?

What is most holding the Titans back?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2012.
  1. CJ - anything related

28.3%
  2. Coaching - personnel and play calling

23.9%
  3. D-line - lack of consistent pressure

15.2%
  4. MLB - lack of tenacity and size

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. O-line - run blocking

21.7%
  6. Receiving targets

10.9%
  7. QB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Found myself not wanting to return to the TV after the half. Hopefully we just gave the Texans a bunch of false-hope.

One of the few positives I can take from today is that CJ saw less work in the second half. CJ's role needs to be dialed back and used as a role player. I'm hoping the second half was the beginning of it.

All things considered I'm going to say that the coaching/play calling is holding us back the most. I'm including personnel usage in there as well.

CJ is being run straight up the middle way too often...if he is going to run there make it a draw at least. Ringer was in during the flea flicker and CJ had previously just ran up the middle for no gain or 1 yard. WTF?? Why is Ringer in on the flicker? Switch the RB personnel on the two plays and you probably get at least 2 - 3 yards up the middle and more attention drawn to the fake run with CJ.

Was happy to see that Hass got fired up and began yelling over to the sidelines in the 2nd. It's really too easy to call, but this should be a turning point for our team.

It's also a good opportunity to gauge Munchak, how directs this team after two tough losses..we need a good response and to get on a roll. IMO a Fisher team (our current team with Fish) wins at least one of these past two games if not both.

Use all of our personnel properly!!

Get a 'Locker Package'.

2. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

What is most holding this team back?

1. No wide recievers to take Kenny Britts place.
    2. No running back that can overcome the bad offensive line.
    3. CJ has lost his speed and elusiveness also goes with #2.
    4. Bad penalties at bad times < lack of discipline
    5. Defense is playing bad, and can't stop anybody.

Those are my top 5.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

viable receiving options for Hasselbeck....

He's constantly yelling at Damian Williams and Lavelle Hawkins after plays for messing something up. Hasselbeck shouldn't have to baby sit those guys, its a freaking joke that they can't run a simple route correctly or catch a pass right between their numbers.

Big freaking joke.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We might as well put Locker as RB for the year. This offense would be a lot better if we got average play from CJ. CJ is really holding us back this year.

Ringer looks like a Pro Bowler out there after he spells CJ.

We had a great running game and no QB the past few years, and now we have a good QB, we have no running game. The football Gods don't want us to be happy.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

1.Defensive scheme is just plain retarded. We don't have the talent to play the bend don't break!!!
    2.Running game is garbage. CJ isn't playing the way he needs to be and the o-line isn't helping.
    3. Wr's. Can't get seperation, can't catch balls.
    4. Stupid penalties.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Worst thing about today is the media wont shut up about da texans....foster wont have a day like this a rest of the year.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Figured I'd quote this post for ya since it's the most sensible thing I've seen you say yet.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Things holding the team back;
    Stupid penalties
    No playmakers on offense
    No leader on defense

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

CJ
    O Line
    Defense Front 7

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Playcalling, CJ sucks, OL too, Hass can't throw it deep, WR's are terrible, and not consistent on defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar