Opinions On Roster Scenarios Going Into Next Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Excellent asessment.

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

If we don't resign Verner I'm gonna lose my ****. I'd like to keep Pollard but I won't be heart broken if he walks.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Is it possible for us to re-sign Verner and cut JMac? Serious question. Wrong CB got paid. Sensabaugh and Blidi-Wreh could replace what JMac brings easily.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

No one is going to great lengths to game plan for cj...not anymore. Playmaker? Guess how many 100-yard games CJ has....ONE! Guess how many games he has hit 90yards besides that 100 yard game...three. So in 11 out of 15 games he hasn't even hit 90 yards rushing. But surely he's still ultra dangerous right? His longest rush of the season is 30 yards. Shonne Greene's longest is 29 and he's a LOT slower then CJ. And Greene has a 4.2 ypc vs CJ's 3.8 and that would be a bigger discrepancy if you factored in that Greene carries a lot more on 3rd and short and in goal line situations (which lowers his YPC). But to put this into the overall picture.

CJ is...
    14th in yards (less then 1000yds at the moment)
    14th out of 19 backs in ypc avg (19 backs with 200 or more carries)
    13th in 1st downs but last in 1st down percentage among those 13 backs.
    22nd in 20+ yard runs with 4. (Greene had 2 in 71 carries versus CJ's 250+)
    CJ has ZERO 40 yard runs this year (though his 30ydr was for a TD).

You could certainly make the argument that Greene is a better rb at this point. But it's hard to make the argument that people are gameplanning around CJ like he's CJ2k. They aren't and he's not. He has run better in the 2nd half of the season and looks better against some of the lesser D's, but he didn't run well out of the gate. He's giving us 14th ranked production and getting paid like a top 2 or top 3 elite rb.

Of course, I think if we utilized CJ in the passing game like KC does Charles, he WOULD be a much bigger weapon as a matchup problem in the passing game which could open the doors a little more open for his running as teams would be forced to play another pass defender and remove another run defender!

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...why would we want to cut JMac? He's played well. He's not a superstar cover corner but he's a good all around player and one of the best tackling CB's in the league. Also, due to Pollard's somewhat lack of speed and to help control the run, we dropped Pollard underneath with McCourty having deep 3rd or having to play backed off off-man coverage allowing Pollard more chances to make a play and JMAC fewer.

There is no evidence to suggest Blidi could do what JMAC does as he's barely been on the field. Sensabaugh has played well as the Nickel and you MIGHT see Sensabaugh and Campbell battle it out for Verner's job if he leaves. Could possibly see Sensabaugh go outside with Blidi manning the nickel.

If Verner WANTS to stay he can, but with that year, he should be the top CB paid and he will get offered BIG money!!!

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think Sensabaugh can be the real deal. He's smart, athletic, hard working, and a late bloomer.... and I'm sure he has learned from watching JMac and Verner.

I wish we could have seen more Bleeeeedy Ray.

Campbell is done. I hope.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

CJ drops too many. I don't think he can do what Charles does.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I still don't see why this is even being brought up. The highest we can pick is #9, I seriously doubt Manziel last that long. He'll likely be the 2nd QB taken, can see teams like Cleveland/Jacksonville taking him just because he'll sell tickets.

He won't be available at our pick, get over it and move on. The dude will be a bust anyways :)

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I've liked what I've seen from Coty. However, still don't want Verner to be let go. Coty would be great depth, but not ready for him to start yet.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Jamaal Charles drops a greater % of balls than CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar