opinion poll: true/fale Jeff Fisher owes his job to VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Aug 9, 2009.

?

Did VY "save" Fisher from being fired?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2009.
  1. yes

15.8%
  2. no

73.7%
  3. unsure

10.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

wrong

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I created this thread because I kept reading the notion in other threads. There seemed to be a whole lobby who believed that if it were not for Vince that Fisher would be long gone. I wanted to poll it so I could get a clear picture of who really buys that.

I said that I straight reject the notion... how do you compare me to Jesse? It's not like I am championing the idea... also note that even though the vote is decisive, the "yes" column has double-digit votes... so if I'm Jesse for asking the question what does that make them for saying "yes"?

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I like how a good play by Vince Young is a negative for you.

Vince had a 20yard TD run that game.

Vince had a TD pass and TD run that game.

As previously said, it is unfair to give so much credit to Vince alone, but he was a big reason for the success that season. I know you like to hate on him, but his play positively effected the whole team. And it wasn't like Vince was doing well based on the gameplan, he was doing well by scrambling and improvising.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

dude, Sox doesn't "hate" on anyone. I've been reading his posts for over 4 years now. He's honest and balanced in my estimation. He doesn't "like" to hate. He likes to share his knowledge and opinions. Please don't do anything to discourage that. I haven't seen as much of Soxie as I have in previous years, but I'm glad he's here now. As posters go he's one of the most knowledgeable and level-headed guys you will ever encounter here.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

So, what you're saying then is.....

BRING BACK PACMAN!! :wink2:

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The thread title had me up in arms. After that all I saw was red.

I'm going to hold my tongue on the last question. :gag:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

typical Californian... thin skinned. :grrhee:

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Vince threw for and ran for a TD in the first Houston game.
    Again, young’s long TD run in Houston in overtime.
    The ravens game was all on the defense. Vince actually had a pretty good game – 200 yards passing and ran for a TD. problem was the defense that ranked in the 27th or lower in passing couldn't stop them at all when they needed too
    And vince accounted for all 3 TDs in that giants game. Whether the DE let go of him or not, Collins would not have been able to do what was necessary for that.
    Vince had a very good game against Buffalo and actually drove them down the field for the TD and FG in the end that won them the game.
    Jags and Pats I’ll give you b/c the jags figured out how to read and stop him early, and the pats pretty much did a “ok, this guy isn’t experienced enough to read the stuff we throw at manning…so let’s throw at him the stuff we throw at manning”

Anyways though, those are beside the point,:

While Collins was good last year, the problem was he wasn't in 2006. In the first 3 games he started, he threw 6 picks. And what stands out the most was the situation in the jets game at the end there. The team got inside the 8 yard line, needed to score a TD, the run was stuffed, and he couldn't get it done. could only hit 1 yard WR gains, completely missed the third time, and on 4th down the ball went low between WRs and into the ground. The team couldnt punch it in in situations like that with him, while that season with Young they could.

Now right now it's the exact opposite, and if anything you could say that Collins benefited alot from Vince being started earlier b/c it forced/made collins get his stuff together and improve himself to get to his current, successful starting point now.

The main thing was though, that season they were winning games with Vince that they weren’t winning earlier in the season, with Collins and whoever they had in. Everyone that year started playing better when he was out there that year.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

For what it's worth I thought Vince Young was totally awesome following the 2006 season.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Because he saved Jeff Fisher's job. ;) :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar