opinion poll: true/fale Jeff Fisher owes his job to VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Aug 9, 2009.

?

Did VY "save" Fisher from being fired?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2009.
  1. yes

15.8%
  2. no

73.7%
  3. unsure

10.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

this is a public poll. :scared:
    your name will appear by the choice you select. [​IMG]

I straight reject the notion that VY's performance during the 2006 kept Fisher from losing his job. I also think that Chow was an awful O.C. and would have been fired anyways. I believe that Fisher and Reese were in a power struggle and ultimately Reese lost.

Also, I am with the school of thought that says that VY was Adam's pick. I totally can get with the notion that if it were up to Jeff Fisher we would have Jay Cutler or if it were up to Norm Chow and Floyd Reese they would have taken Matt Leinart. Either way, if I accept that it's kind of hard to fire Fisher over Adam's call, right?

so hey, traffic is up today, game is coming on...
    I thought I would run a poll...

Sorry RavensShallBurn, I know numerous VY topics irritate you brah... I think we can deal with it... and just so you know, I wouldn't be against a whole board for VY so we can discuss every little nit picking article...

can't you see it?
    goTitans.com > Pro Football > Titans and NFL Talk > VY

:yes: :ha:

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I said no, but it's possible he did. Just think if Kerry had played that whole season. That would have been another 4-12 or 5-11 season, at best.

Three years in a row at 5-11 or worse... not exactly promising. If Vince rode the bench that whole year, Fisher may have still been safe since we were a building team with a rookie QB. But, I can't be so sure.

Brah? Brah? I'm your brah? :grrhee:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

why not? you don't want to be my brah?

4. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

I don't think that one season would have lead to Fisher being fired but it certainly took him off the hot seat.

5. amy

amy Starter

No offense, but what are you on?

6. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

I said no. Basically because his contact extension was earned in 07' I believe. Although after Vince helped us rally from an 0-5 start to finish 8-8 sure did help. That earned a one-year option so he could finalize his 4 year extension. Hell i dunno, i don't like this poll! It's to hard to decide, damn you bi-polar... your making me feel bi-polar!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

hell NO!!!

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Absolutely not!! :rolleyes:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

hey there MadDog... how did that feel? I just broke your hi-five cherry...

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

who?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar