Opening Day Starters?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gran54, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Verner is a Playmaker but not an all around CB so McCourty should start.

I want to see Dwill,Hawk and Mariani get more snaps(Gage sucks Nate drops the ball).

I don't care who starts but Cook should get lots of snaps at TE or WR.

Our defensive Line and LB's look pretty weak in my opinion.But I hope to see us blitz more and play more man to man with our corners.

And whoever the QB is not gonna last without CJ he will get kill so Rusty for QB woot!!!!!

2. gran54

gran54 Starter

That's not just how we have done it in the past, but it's going to be something we do this season. We have a lot of players signed on the defensive line and it's vital that we keep fresh guys in there to constantly get pressure. And saying it didn't work last year is hardly true. We had many injuries (Morgan, Ball, Ford, Marks) that cut down on the rotation and that's what we rely on. Can't say something isn't working when you don't have half of your personnel due to injury.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titans depth chart is available now so why guess. Who has 2 rookies starting at DT? Brain dead?

http://www.titansonline.com/team/depth-chart.html

Has Mcourty starting outside with Verner as the third CB. Starting DTs are Marks and Smith. Clayton will be on the practice squad it is all but guaranteed.

This has Ayers starting with Shaw as his primary backup and and Mcgrath backing up Spoon on the weak side.

Should be more solid against the run with less confusion in coverage.

4. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

People always make fun of Marks, but his stats weren't awful last season. He certainly has room for improvement though. Last season in only 3 starts, Marks got 50 tackles, 6 QBP's, 5 TFL, 1 INT, 3 PD and 1 FF.

Compared to Jovan Haye, Marks looks a lot better as a starter. But I would probably guess that Jurrell Casey will lock up a starting DT spot from what I am hearing about him. We may have got a steal in the 3rd round there.

5. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

No doubt J-Case was a steal, but i'm on the Malcolm Sheppard bandwagon,look for him to emerge along w/Casey as a young disruptive DT tandem,Titans won't be as bad as people perdict , Sheppard was a steal also ,Locker is the future but he wont be needed this year.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Every site i have seen has him at 22 tackles for last season.

7. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar