Opening Day Starters?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gran54, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I rather see Cook at TE because of his raw talent alone. The guy was a beast at Carolina and maybe with a clean slate with this coaching staff he could be the starter.

Verner is an absolute ball hawk. I hope he starts over McCourty but it's going to be a toss up. McCourty is a more balanced CB but Verner has a lot more promise and a higher ceiling.

As far as the Washington talk goes as someone else previously mentioned he was brought in at the time to stretch the field with his speed but now that Britt has emerged and we have other fast deep threats the need for him isn't that great anymore. He'll start the beginning of the season based off name and contract alone but after a few week D-Will should be the #2.

2. gran54

gran54 Starter

jwyattsports Jim Wyatt
    Munchak made it sound like Ayers will start at one OLB spot and battle on between McRath and Witherspoon for the other #Titans

Rotoworld
    Second-round pick Akeem Ayers is already running as a starter in Titans camp, displacing Gerald McRath at strong-side linebacker.
    The competition shouldn't be over, but Ayers has been an absolute terror in early practices.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Ayers is a munster.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really hope he does but with his luck he'll have another injury soon after that.

6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Lord I hope not. The kid has been through enough already.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's a feel good story but it's probably between him and Ringer.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Kenny Britt said yoga didnt help his hamstring problems, i dont see the kid making it as our starter.

9. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

First official depth chart of training camp has been posted on Titansonline.com. Your starters:

WR1: Washington
    LT: Roos
    LG: Harris
    C: Amano
    RG: Scott
    RT: Stewart
    TE: Stevens
    WR2: Britt
    QB: Hasselbeck
    FB: Hall
    RB: C. Johnson

LDE: Morgan
    LDT: Smith
    RDT: Marks
    RDE: Jones
    OLB1: Ayers
    MLB: Ruud
    OLB2: Witherspoon
    LCB: McCourty
    SS: Hope
    FS: Griffin
    RCB: Finnegan

Thoughts?

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Marks starting? We're doooooooomed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar