Only way to beat the Steelers is to use VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

j/k but i do think he needs to be part of the plan.

Steelers are going to be hell bent on stopping CJ and Shutting down the passing game. If we go into the game trying to play our normal style football we will lose. First we will try to Run ...the Steelers know that and will shut us down, then we will go to the air ....again the Steelers will be ready for that and will Blitz Collins and double team Gage and Jmac. Steelers will get task #1 done, then all they have to do is task # 2... if they do that it'll look like a Jets repeat.

Thats why i think we have to switch things up, we cannot win playing normal style. we must use VY to keep the Steelers guessing, we must line CJ up at WR and we need to try some trick plays. Thats the only way i see us winning vs a tough defense and a offense that can put up points pretty easy.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wish Miami never used that stupid Wildcat formation.

Trick plays don't work. VY will not see the field unless KC is injured.

We don't play the Steelers for another 3 weeks.

And the only way to beat the Steelers is to score more points than them.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think we will kill the Steelers.

That said, Steve Young would agree with you. He thinks Vince Young is our only shot at a superbowl. And that ultimately, Collins can't, won't get it done.

VY may play a role for us soon. The backup is usually needed. And a couple of teams used their backups to win the whole dang thing. It would be an amazing story if he has to come in and wins it all. But I'm hoping Collins stays healthy and delivers the trophy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Vince Young's post season resume definitely confirms Steve Young's comments. We clearly NEED Vince Young and his leadership he expressed last year in San Diego :(

Maybe if he HAD stayed in the locker room like he wanted at halftime, we'd have been able to take advantage of our defense shutting down maybe the most potent offense in the league last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

We traded Young to the Steelers?

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I'm definitely worried about Pittsburgh. I hope they either choke to Dallas or Baltimore before they play us. A loss for them and potential wins for us against Cleveland and Houston may mean we have nothing to play for necessarily.

I agree with trying to switch things up a bit which I am sure we'll see. We're not going to line up one on one and push them around like we did Detroit. If they are able to contain the run early, this game may get out of hand depending on how well our defense holds their lack luster offense.

2 TEAMS I WOULD NOT LIKE TO SEE IN THE PLAYOFFS

........... BALTIMORE AND PITTSBURGH

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Did you write Coach Fisher with your concerns and strategy?

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Pittsburgh commits to the blitz all day and can be beat with clever screen passes. CJ could see some yards in the receiving game that day. Toothlessburger doesn't do well if they don't run - so you gotta kick those RBs in the teeth...

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'm soooo looking forward to week 16.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

For CJ to run screen plays he has to catch the ball. He really needs some work there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar