Only 8% of the proceeds from the pink cancer drive goes to cancer research

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GTFO my pancakz, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's great. That's what they SHOULD do. What they shouldn't do is parade it around on the field. It's become tedious at this point. I think everyone is aware of breast cancer. How about something that no one knows about to actually raise awareness?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

how much do you think they made in merch sales this month alone?

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

cuz it affects the mommys of the world....if you mom had a cut and your dad had a cut youd laugh at your dad but feel for your mom

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

okay, why is that right? what makes that okay outside of what society tells you to think?

5. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Exactly. Do you think the NFL is promoting cancer awareness for the sake of cancer? They are promoting cancer awareness to fill their own pockets. Eight percent is a joke. They could easily give 75% of their earning to cancer research and the NFL wouldn't notice the difference. They're doing a good thing by raising awareness? No they're not. A few commercials throughout the game would suffice. No flags or first down markers and I really don't care if they wear pink. They're purposely shoving it down everyone's throat to guilt trip people into giving them money. Like someone said earlier in this thread just make a straight donation to cancer research instead of feeding another greedy corporation.

6. 520

probably a decent amount

7. 520

not saying its right or wrong but I think its more nature than society

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Because men don't get breast cancer?

That's pretty much what this is about. People think only women get breast cancer and we all love *******. Maybe the NFL should roll out a couple dozen men on to the field who are breast cancer survivors to raise actual awareness? They won't because that won't gain them any female fans.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. 520

and though I don't get to watch much games due to work I bet theres at least a few times where they say you can make a donation here. I think everyones taking what im saying wrongly here.....im not saying the nfl is right or wrong im just saying they still do a lot to help and im sure the komen foundation is greatful to have the nfl on their side. yes they should raise awareness for other diseases and cancers yes they could give more yes I agree the all pink everything Is over the top but hey they are doing good for someone which is more than many huge corporations can say

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

so everything is okay as long as its good enough?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar