One sweep play

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

FORGET about C.J. and running sweeps for now! I'm perfectly fine with giving Ringer & Harper some of C.J.'s carries, he's certainly not making the most of his touches so why keep feeding him the ball? This will make C.J. hungry, cause he's clearly complacent getting 2-yards per touch after filling his pockets with all that dough.

Worst part about C.J.'s deal is that we had to pay for past work. That 2006-yard season got him what he wanted, but now he's rusty as hell because of his holdout!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Their is a big difference between the stretch play and a toss sweep. The stretch play is a handoff that is slow developing because the RB has to be patient and waits for a lane to develop before making his cut. While a toss sweep is more of a very quick play with little decision making by the RB. Just get the ball outwide in space and run like hell.

Most teams run both types of plays. Not sure why we haven't this yr.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's only been 2 games guys.... This isn't Fisher's playbook, we can't unload the entire thing in 90-100 plays. Wait for 5 games before asking about trick plays.

4. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Im glad we won, but I am starting to wonder why we continue to run CJ up the middle 2-3 plays in a row. I wish the would use him the right way, and I know he is not back into a rhythm yet, but their gonna kill him if they keep it up he will be lucky if his career extends past this season!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar