One reason to sign T.O.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tuckfro42, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Keep laughing. The Eagles and Cowboys thought the exact same thing. Look what he did in the playoffs for them.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

They've got a special word they invented for this very phenomenon: disagreeing.

Anyway, I've said the same thing in all of these TO threads...I want him. I don't buy into this baloney about him being a cancer or a distraction, it's called a 1 year, 8 million dollar contract. He'd take that, we wouldn't lose too much money, and our passing attack would be...get this...stellar. No more excuses is what it would translate to, we would be in position to win a championship because EVERY PHASE of our team would be lights out. Sick defense, sick running game, sick passing attack, sick special teams. I don't care about what happened in San Fran, Philly or Dallas. I care about what could happen next year in Tennessee

3. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

AMEN!! I can't agree with you more, dont forget whoever is qb for our team

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Are you kidding me? He took the Eagles to the Super Bowl on a screwed up ankle...wtf more do you want? They lost to the best team of the century by a field goal...and the Cowboys need to address their defense if they want to be successful in the playoffs. Just because he hasn't won a Super Bowl doesn't mean he's not a great receiver. What he did in Philly and Dallas is instantly upgrade their teams.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

By your measure, Nate Washington is better than Andre Johnson simply because of their playoff accomplishments. You can not assess how good 1 player on a 53-man roster based on his playoff record. That also would mean Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.

I'm not trying to predict what TO will do in the future, because its true hes getting old and with the new fan base and attention will come a certain risk for problems. But, you can't deny that he hasn't made his OFFENSE better on each team he's been a part of. In fact, every team he's been on has been one of the BEST offensive teams in the league. And, he's the leading receiver on that each team with 10-12 or 14-16 TD's a season year in and year out regardless of what he does off the field.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

He did not take the Eagles to the Super Bowl! He didn't play in any playoff games because of injury. He did play in in SB, but they lost. The Eagles had been to the three previous NFC championship games only to lose. In 2004, they finally won the NFC, without T.O. playing in the game. He didn't make the Eagles any better.

I'm not saying he's not a great receiver because he hasn't won a Super Bowl. Many on this board are salivating over him because they speculate he will be the receiver we need to win the Superbowl. I'm pointing out that he has never been the player that gets a team over the hump. In fact, he has done more harm than any of his on-the-field production could warrant. What did Philly and Dallas get for his antics? Nothing. And that is exactly what we can expect if he becomes a Titan.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Imagine if the Titans sign the "TO" and Kerry goes down with a season ending injury week one. I'm thinking VY and TO agree to a dual suicide pact by week three.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Crazy talk. I suppose 38 TDs and 3500 yards in 3 seasons is more or less nothing. In fact, he's scored less then 10 touchdowns exactly twice since the 2000 season, getting less then 1000 yards just once. That's definitely expendable. Let's see how the golden boy Tony Romo does without TO now...

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not true he was a major reason the eagles were a super bowl team in 2004.

He usually isn't a pain in his first year with a team he wants to show people he was worth it. Then something goes off in his head and he becomes a super arse.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

QB collins

RB CJ, lendale(contract year)

TE Scaife(Contract year)

WR TO, gage, washington

Along with a first rate o-line means we would be a very good offense in 09.

We averaged 19 points a game last year. This group could average 24-25 points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar