One reason to sign T.O.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tuckfro42, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I posted this in another thread, but thought it might be more appropriate on it's own. No one has really broached this subject, so have at it.

Here's my take on the only benefit in signing T.O.

Popularity

There is no doubt that T.O. would be an instant attention grabber for the Titans. He is a huge draw. We would instantly have more Titans fans. Current fan base would be bolstered over a move they have wanted for so long. More games would be shown in premium time slots. Jersey and apparel sales would skyrocket. Talking heads would begin to discuss the Titans with the same regularity as the big market teams. No more excitement for the simple fact that the Titans were mentioned on a National program. We would be "contenders". He would do wonders for brand recognition.

However, bringing T.O. in is like the solid kid who has made all the right decisions, made good grades, good athlete, stayed out of trouble, but is socially invisible for those very reasons and he wants to be popular. So he listens to the "cool" kids and starts (insert stupid decision here). He is instantly a part of the popular crowd, but he has sacrificed his integrity and ideology to get there. Sure, there might not be any immediate consequences for making said stupid decision, but there will be consequences.

Are you sure you want to sacrifice future success for instant popularity?

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Another reason to sign TO: Since 2006 he's caught over 30 TDs. Only receiver in the NFL to have 10+ TDs in all of the past three seasons. Screw popularity, how about production?

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

TO has 25 TD's to Gages 8 in two years.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Yes, but how did those TDs translate into success? T.O. has never made a team a champion. I could care less about his individual production if he's not helping us get wins in the playoffs and the Superbowl.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

We already have a suicidal QB, we don't need a tandem..

6. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

TO on one side, nate on the other, and cage as slot. Can anybody say "Titans SuperBowl Champions".

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

VY forces enough stupid passes when he plays as it is,i cant imagine what kind of throws he would try to make if TO got in his ear and told him he wanted the ball more.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Before you say superbowl champions make you sure you say Justin Gage first:lol:

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Never. Gonna. Happen.

Fisher would never allow a distraction to be on the Titans' roster. Never.

10. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I totally disagree. I don't think we will have fans flocking to be a Titans fan just because we bring in Owens. I actually think you have the whole thing a little mixed up. Owens is not a positive person to have on a team and I think everyone who doesn't already know that will soon see when there is a very minimal amount of teams going after him. Sure is is great ON the field but thats about it. Owens is well known but I think he is far from a fan favorite.

I want a player that is going to be positive off the field too, which Owens has clearly shown not to be. Do you really want someone that brings issues in the locker room just to bring in fans or someone that is positive, helping to build a championship team? Owens is all about himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar