One of the better MOck Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Soxcat, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

http://walterfootball.com/draft2007.php

1. Dewayne Bowe, WR, LSU
    2. Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
    3. Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State
    4a. Dan Bazuin, DE, Central Michigan
    4b. Sabby Piscitelli, S, Oregon State
    5. Tim Duckworth, G, Auburn

Well thought out with solid comments. One of the better mock drafts IMO.

McCauley is the 4th ranked CB per NFL Draft Countdown. A good value pick if he is there in the 2nd. Eric Wright would be another CB that would be a nice pickup at that spot as well. Good value.

Pittman is the 4th ranked RB per NFL Draft Countdown. Another good value pick IMO. Michael Bush or Kenny Irons would be decent value so RB in the third might be a good idea.

Even though DE isn't addressed until the 4th round Bazuin is a guy in the mold of KVB, a high motor guy who is aggressive with a knack for making plays in the backfield. Althouhg I'm not sure this is a big upgrade over the DEs we already have there is also good value IMO because I'm not sold on the DEs being much better after the top tier.

I love the Sabby Piscitelli pick in the 4th. According to NFL Draft Countdown
    "Has excellent size, a big frame and good bulk...Aggressive and plays with a nasty attitude...Solid speed and range...Good hands and ball skills...He'll hold his own in short to intermediate coverage for the most part...Great instincts...Is very smart with a nice motor and top intangibles...Has some versatility...Tons of experience."
    He is almost 6'3, 224 with good speed and range and instincts. Not bad for a 4th round guy.

Duckworth "Has good size and a solid frame...Very strong and powerful with a excellent initial punch...Tough and physical...Excellent run blocker who gets a great push...Stout at the point...Plays with a nasty demeanor and a killer instinct...Plays better than he works out...Good motor and intangibles...Still improving and has some upside."

All in all that would be a solid draft IMO with the only drawback in not getting one of the top tier DEs.

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

How many S do we need in the 4th?! That'll be 3 years in a row. We need to give Fuller and Lowry and actuall chance before we move on to the next guy

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah well Piscitelli could actually be one thats worth it. Overall a decent mock except McCauley got benched for his play at Fresno State that plays against a weak crop of WAC WR's.

Bowe is ok round 1 but D should be addressed first IMO.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd be happy with mccauley in the second. he has the potential to be a great, he just needs to find his confidence again

5. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

"Defense" clap clap "Defense"

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I don't know if I could pass on Johnson in the 2nd, but McCauly sounds good. Pittman sounds good too. Piscatelli has the measurables, and didn't he have a solid career?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I agree
    I'll also add we need to give them a scheme that does not place them out of position

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I like it
    I would like to see DT addressed though

9. i would rather have a higher rated DE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar