One Of Our Biggest Weaknesses Is No Run Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Anyone else think either through the draft or free agency we need to start completely over at the RB position?

Chris Johnson is killing almost every drive on offense with his one and two yard carries.Do we want that stunting Locker's offense next season?

Big reason we aren't winning games is we can't move the ball or the chains.Its usually been that we had no passing game but our rushing game always was well enough to move us down the field.

I think it'd be best to get rid of Harper,Ringer and let Chris Johnson know that we are going to bring in a big physical back for him to split carries with.

In the offseason and in the draft bring in some fresh talent to get things going again.As far as i see it i don't think anybody we have at that spot is worthy.I'd keep Hall at FB.

We need a Ray Rice or Frank Gore type back.

Someone pointed out we are similar to the 11-3 49ers and we are in a lot of ways except they are successful running the ball.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's not one of the biggest weaknesses, it's THE reason we didn't win last week, week-1, or week-11.

If our ground game showed up those games, we win them all.

And FYI; it's not just C.J. cruising around and dancing, it's the inside blockers too. Those 4 players are KILLING us right now.

Oh really? I wonder who that was?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

RBs are a depreciating position of value, it's a passing league.

Get a monster Offensive Line and plug anybody back there.

4. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Yes, the non-existent run game is killing us.

If we could get Richardson, I'd say go for it since CJ obviously won't be worth anything once the Jake Locker era begins.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Definitely.

Lots of people are saying we are similar to the 11-3 49ers and the only difference is we are 7-7 and lost two or three games because of the ground game stalling.

6. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

how about we find someone who can actually run block? Maybe a new center. That line got owned by the colts. it was pathetic and embarrassing to watch. That might have been the lowest point since 59-0.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

We definitely need to get a guy like Richardson because CJ is not gaining anything anymore.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sorry dude but you can't pin most of the blame on CJ. Outside of Roos and Stewart our line is a joke and even they've struggled.

Not to mention both our head coach and new O-line coach are hall of famers and are getting nothing out of these guys. We'd probably be better off starting Velasco, Matthews and Otto.

9. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

If we draft a running back in the first round I'm going to stab someone.

Or better yet, write a strongly worded letter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Very true and it was worse than the 59-0 thumping. At least against the Pats we were expected to lose. Indy had no business winning that game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar